cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can we access the sap details through internet?

Dhivya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi.,

I want to access certain functionalities through internet. But my SAP system is in private network only. Which technology will be more feasible and fast to access the details through internet?

For example, we have to access sap material details like matnr, mtart, vpsta through internet. I already created webdynopro(zmaterial_details) for this requirement. Now i can access the webdynpro URL i intranet but not in internet. I need to access through internet. How can i achieve that?

Thanks.,

Dhivya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhivya,

If this is only for a limited set of users who are outside your enterprise landscape, you may go for a VPN similar setup.

This could be cheaper and easier to implement.

Or if it is for a wider group or available on internet for everyone, you need to have the SAP application available on internet, which is not a recommened solution. SAP has a wide product range to enable access to the core business systems.

Enterprise portal, Mobile etc.

Along with the technology feasibility, it is also driven by the IT rules and architecture of your company.

Cheers!

Anish

Dhivya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anish.,

Thanks for your suggestions. This approach is not for the limited number of users and so we can afford to VPN . Then as you mentioned, we cant go for sap application available on internet since it is not secure. Next of that Enterprise portal(EP), we cant use EP in  intranet only not in internet. NWBC is no cost SAP GUI for HTML thing,. that also cant use in internet until we connect the sap system to public.

We are in discussion to instal and configure Web Dispatcher. Has to go through that.

Thanks.,

Dhivya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhivya.

Technincally there shouldn't be any problem in publishing EP on internet.

Certainly, infrastructure team and network team should be desiging the security aspects.

Also need to get a public DNS to access the server from internet.

You should have a webserver accessible from the internet.

Thought about cloud solutions ? Salesforce.com or similar?

Cheers,

Anish

Dhivya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anish.,

We are going to instal web dispatcher concept. Hope it will resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Dhivya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use ESS or MSS as per requirement..

Dhivya
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

Thanks for your reply, But it is not relevant to my question. I need to access the functionalities of all modules through internet, not only HCM module. I aleady have created custom objects with certain functionalities in SAP GUI. The thing we need to do is customer from any place need to access the custom objects(reports/webdynpro) through internet without installing SAP GUI.

Thanks.,

Dhivya B.