Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI Documents not shown on iPad

j_pick
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have the following problem and I can't find a solution on the SCN or on Google, so I need to ask here:

After Upgrading the SAP Mobile BI App to Version 4.2.0. Build 0612 on the iPad, we cannot access any WebI oder Crystal Reports documents on the BI Platform. The conection to SAP BusinessObjects works just fine, but the "Browse Screen" shows no Reports. I can switch between corporate and personal categories and it shows the "All" register but no Documents for downloading.

We are running SAP BusinessObjects XI 4.0 SP 04 with Build number 738. Our MobileBIService is also running in Version 14.0.4.738. There are several WebI and Crystal Documents assigned to the corporate category "Mobile".

Anyone a suggestion? Thanks in Advance!

Rgds,

J. Pick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am able to view my webi reports on my ipad, But i am not able to see any download option so that i can analyze the report in Offline mode. Any idea???

I have not assigned my report to Confidential section.

Is it something to do with Personal/ Corporate categories???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

you have to make sure the settings for offline have been set under clientsettings.properties file

this file is available under MobileBIService folder under tomcat/webapps

if offlinestorage=true is set

then login again check the reports

click on the "+" sign at corner of the report

Go to connection settings, select work offline

Log back into mobile

downloaded doc should be visible now

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul..

I have checked the settings suggested by you. These setting are already there.

Is this issue related with Categories (Personal/Corporate) of documents???

or Mobile/Confidential??

Actually we are not getting the "Downlaod " Button visible on our ipad while going offline.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please create a separate post as this appears to be a different issue....as Atul suggested this appears to be to do with client properties.setting file...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I also having the similar experience in Edge 3.1 FP5.3, after the system upgrade from Edge XIR2 to Edge3.1 FP5.3 and deployed the MobileBIService.war in Tomcat webapps. Unfortunately, the report assigned with default "Mobile" category still cannot show in iPad 2 (4.3.11.5), it just display "No documents available.", and I had granted "Full Control" access right in Folders, Categories and Web Intelligence application. Redeploy tomcat and checked no firewall/proxy between ipad and server, but still fail.

I would be very appreciated if anyone who can solve my problem.

Thanks!

j_pick
Explorer
0 Kudos

Unfortunately I don't know the exact solution in our case because that's something our IT Department did. I only know that they had to change settings in the firewall of our DMZ for accessing the BO Mobile Server from the internet. I never had an issue when accessing from inside our company's network.

To your problem Parameswaran and Him: Have you redeployed the MobileBIService and MOBIServer app on Tomacat? And have you recreated the connection in the iPad app?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Him,

A new ipad app is available on the istore.

Upgrade your app

recreate the connection and make sure if you have upgraded Business objects Mobile in between, upgrade the MobileBIService.war fie again

Regards,

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

Sorry for late reply, I had tried to update the app, recreate the connection and redeploy the MobileBIService.war. Also checked with the network team to make sure there is no firewall between the server and iPad. Unfortunately it still no documents to show, but this time the app have shown an error message (MOB07002).

Regards,

Him

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Him,

are you still facing this issue?

Regards,

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

Yes, and I discover this problem didn't appear when using SP5 but fail after installed FP5.2 or 5.3.

Regards,

Him

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Him,

ok, so you did not face this on SP5, but on 5.2 and 5.3

did you also update your MobileBIService.war file accordingly?

Regards,

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

Yes, it fail after redeployed the 5.2 and 5.3 MobileBIService.war.

Regards,

Him

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Him,

Do you face this issue with any sample report as well ? or only custom reports?

also, attach screenshots of the following:

1. MOBI client version: iPAD device settings-->SAP BI-->Version

3. BOE version: Logon to CMC-->Settings-->Product version & Build number

2. MOBI Server version: http://<WebAppServerWithMobileWar:port>/MobileBIService/MessageHandlerServlet?message=GetVersion  ( run this on the server machine, with tomcat having the mobilebiservice deployed )

regards,

AB

j_pick
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for all your help. In the end we found the problem.

We were accessing the mobile server through a reverse proxy which was placed in our DMZ. The update to the new app version required some configuration of our proxy server too because there were some changes in the access of the app to the mobile server.

Thank you again for your quick support!

Rgds,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Can you elaborate a bit on the solution?

Even i am facing a very similar issue post upgrade of the app from an earlier version (4.2.x) to the latest app (4.3.3.21). I am running the app on iPad 2, connecting to a BI platform (4.0 SP02 patch 16).

With the earlier version of the app, i was able to view the reports on iPad. But after upgrading the app, i am not able to see any documents. I am just seeing the search screen with the text "No documents available" below it. The Mobile category is also available and reports are assigned to the category. Any pointers to help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would suggest deleting the old connection and re-creating the connection again.  I had a similar problem when I upgraded my SAP BI on the iPad,after I re-created the connection all worked.

Also double-check all the document you want to see show up under the Mobile Category.  Logon on as Administrator to BI LauchPad and go to Category to double-check, sometime it does not save properly.

Good Luck,

Ajay Gupta

j_pick
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ajay,

Thank's for your quick reply.

I recreated the connection in BI App and even reinstalled the app. Still no documents shown.

I checked the "Mobile" category as Administrator and there are several WebI and Crystal Reports documents assigned.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Can you redeploy the MobileBIService.war file again and check

If the issue is same,

Can you click on modify installation from the add/remove programs, unselect mobile

click next, complete the installation.

then try to recheck the same and install again.

Deploy the MobileBIService.war file again to webapps folder.

Check the issue.

Regards,

Atul Bhagwat

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the mobile-ready documents on the BI platform are associated only with personal categories, they

do not appear in the application’s "Browse" screen. This issue will be fixed in SAP BI App version 4.2.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

SAP BI App 4.2.1 is now available in the App Store. Can you please check if your issue is now fixed on that app ?

-

Mihir