cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Proxy to Inbound Proxy using PI 7.3, using Java stack only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have PI 7.3 dual stack, and are planning to use ICO to configure a scenario, Outbound Proxy --> PI --> Inbound Proxy.

The reason we have decided to use ICO is due to the load on the PI system, around 30,000 messages will be processed from the source system to the target system on daily basis for this particular interface. we have informed the ABAP team to bundle the messages to packets of 200 to 500 messages per call to PI to reduce the number of messages processing in PI.

I have gone through the blogs - Activate ABAP proxies with AEX by Michal and some other blogs which talks about Proxy communications using PI 7.3.

But my questions are - does the design sounds feasible? and could we use ICO's for this kind of scenarios? or standard way of configuring proxies ?

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

There are a few things that you need to bear in mind when going for AEX processing, especially the limited monitoring possibilities. If you can live with that, and performance is important for you, then ICO sounds like a good choice.

Also, have a look at this document saying how to switch one particular outbound proxy to AEX:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-16242

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg,

Performance is definitely important to us and we're palnning to configure traditional config and ICO and only move ICO config to prod for better performance and leave the non ICO config in dev and QA for error resolution and for any prod fixes.(can switch to process either using ICO or non ICO in dev and QA).

Regards, Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>But my questions are - does the design sounds feasible? and could we use ICO's for this kind of scenarios? or standard way of configuring proxies ?

The message volume 30k is not that high for a interface. Pi will certainly handle much more than that. With message packaging and ICO you can implement and achieve greater performance. I'm running 80k messages every day for a single interface via integration engine without issues. High volume messages certainly need more monitoring capability too. My answer is the design is feasible and using ICO is good approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>> we have informed the ABAP team to bundle the messages to packets of 200 to 500 messages per call to PI to reduce the number of messages processing in PI.

so you will have around 600 messages (with 500 messages inside) ?

this is very little and it will fly via PI very quickly - make sure they are around 5 Mb each it's the most suitable message size for PI processing,

30k is not a lot and with ICO this is nothing I'd say but sending multiple messages in one call will only make it faster

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

Very good point. I'll keep an eye on the message size and might decrease the message packet size depending on the payload size.

But the question was around the design, as the outbound proxy is being modified to collect the messages for say around 100 or 200 messages and trigger call to PI rather than triggering 30,000 calls to PI. Any suggestions on this please?

Thanks, Paul

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>. Any suggestions on this please?

what is the size od 100/200 messages ? if this is around 5Mb than it's fine if much less you can increase it

best would be to have it as a config parameter (number of messages which you can send in proxy)

if this is possible - this way you can determine the best package size easily,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk