cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Reporting: BI system cannot be reached

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm trying to configure Interactive Reporting. I followed the documentation given in the Incident Seup (from transaction solman_setup) and the transaction /n/crmbw/config_wizard is showing only green checks so everything should be fine. However, when I logon to SolMan via the CRM Web UI, I can see the standard reports but if I select one, I got the error message "BI Destintation '' cannot be reached".

So first point, why the system does not find the correct RFC ?

Then I selected one report and force in it the RFC destination pointing to my BI client. And then I still have the same message "BI destination 'SSMCLNT100_T' cannot be reached" even if the connection exist and works fine (in SM59, I successfully made a connection test and login test too).

I'm totally disappointed. I'm working on this issue since 3 days and didn't found any successful solution. I tried to check a trace: nothing. I check the different OSS notes talking about ITSM: nothing, I send a message to SAP 2 days ago; no answer yet.

Does someone have a solution ?

Thanks for your help.

Frédéric.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So final answer:

If you have the message BI destination '' can not be reach, ensure that you have declared in BD54 a logical system CRMBWDEST and in BD97, assigned a bapi call rfc from solman system to CRMBWDEST.

If you get the message BI destination '<your CRMBWDEST rfc>' can not be reach, check table RSPOR_T_PORTAL. If the table is empty, it means that you are trying to call a report 7.x that requires a BI 7.x and a SAP Portal.

As I don't have any portal installed, it means that I can not use standard reports given by SAP o_O"

The mandatory Portal system to use standard ITSM reports given by SAP is unfortunately not mentionned in the configuration guide otherwise, I wouldn't have spent so much time to find the solution.

Information taken from SAP when looking for help (F1) on field BI Report type in SPRO -> CRM -> CRM Analytics -> Display SAP NetWeaver BW Reports then double click on any of the available reports starting with 0SRQ_

Report types with extension 7.x need a BI 7.0 system that is connected to a properly set-up SAP NetWeaver Portal. For more information, see the BI 7.0 documentation in the SAP Library.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frédéric, thanks for your help.

Regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frédéric

So for now u cannot use ITSM - interactive reporting with standard reports?

OR did you solved this?

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

If you don't implement a SAP Portal, you cannot use the standard ITSM reports for Incident and Change Management (the ones from pur CRM are working).

We solved the issue by recreating the reports we needed o_O"

Regards,

Frederic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Yes i don't have it

But i can't create own reports... can you help me.

Tcode /n/crmbw/config_wizard is showing all green with only 3 yellow messages. Zero red.

But when im putting direct link into Bus. Role i can't see it in web ui...but i can see Dashboards and Reports - work center.

Created thread for that http://scn.sap.com/thread/3221614

Kinda confused O_o...

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, once you made the complete configuration (meaning tcode /crmbw/config_wizard show all green), you just have to assign the workcenter REPORT_SCH to the navigation profile specified in your business role.

To add the work center to your navigation bar profile:

SPRO -> Customer Relationship Management -> UI Framework -> Technical Role Definition -> Define Navigation Bar Profile

Select the correct navigation bar profile then in the menu tree, choose Assign Wor centers to navigation bar profile and add a new entry "REPORT_SCH"

A new enty in the menu in the crm web ui should appears named "Manage Reports" on the screen you have a search box to find all reports and manage them (create, edit or delete).

Regards,

Frederic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic!!!

Added this work center, search always show 0 reports.... and also i don't have buttons create there or any of them....

Please can you answer in my thread? then i can reward you and close my question http://scn.sap.com/thread/3221614

Thank you

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go in transaction ORDYWB and in the menu, navigate to Goto -> BI Content Activation Workbench. Then select business category 03 and activate /CRMBW/INTERACTIVE_REPORTING.

Select:

• the source system (as you have only 1 client for SolMan and BI should by the logical name of your system),
  • treatment of already content object: Copy and Install all collected object

Then activate (it takes a while) and it should be fine. Otherwise, please, add screenshots of the BI Content Activation Workbench, result of /CRMBW/CONFIG_WIZARD and errors.

Regards,

Frederic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thanks for reply.

Activation finished but no changes in web ui ....

second part

Activation of BI

log

OPOC_BW do i need activate this too ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't need to activate OPOC_BW. Did you create the destination CRMBWDEST pointing to your SolMan client in BD97 ?

Can you add a print screen of the crm web ui once you selected the item "Manage Report" in the menu ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i did all u've mentioned in this thread BD97 and BD54

pic.BD97

CRM web ui Manage Report pic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

sorry for the delay. For me it appears that you have authorization problems. I have exactly the same screen than you plus option to create, edit, delete reports.

check on this side. I think it exist a profile for ITSM reporting and dashboard. Try to activate it and assign it to users.

Regards,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic!

I have sap_all on my user.

found some info :

This might be because of the user assignment. I assume you are using aleremote user to connect to BI. If you assign aleremote to different roles some data might show up.

aleremote

in my syst this user have following roles:

SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT

SAP_BC_USR_CUA_SETUP_CLIENT

Z_RFC

what about yours?

Regards Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniyar,

sorry for delay I was a bit busy this week with an solman implementation :d

Well we are using a trusted connection between SolMan and BI clients but ALEREMOTE on our systems has the same roles than your plus:

• SAP_BI_E2E
  • SAP_BW_CCMS_SETUP
  • S_BI-WHM_RFC (profile)
  • S_BI-WX_RFC (profile)

Also, our users exists in both system with following roles:

• SAP_SM_S_RFCACL
  • SAP_CRM_OR_ADMIN
  • SAP_CRM_OR_USER
  • SAP_BC_USR_CUA_CLIENT
  • SAP_BC_USR_CUA_SETUP_CLIENT
  • SAP_CRM_OR_CONFIG
  • SAP_CRM_OR_USER
  • SAP_SM_BI_DISP
  • SAP_BW_SPR_REPORTING

Regards,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enhancement for Authorization check in CHARM

I have a requirement , i need to control the Change request processing . Example : The Change Request is first Approved by Business Owner . Once Approved by Business Owner it is then Approved by Change Manager. The Requirement is if Business Owner approves the request instead of Change Manager it Gives Message that he is no authorized as we are controlling by B_USERSTAT. But in the actions the Options of Approve Change Request and Reject Change Request is not available for change manager to Approve it. My Requirement is to check the authorization and raise error message if Business Owner tries to approve the request for which he is not authorized. Please suggest BADI / Exit and which fields / structure to check for authrorization of business owner. Appreciare your help. Thanks Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

you don't need to make any development to do what you want. Just create an approval procedure with at least 2 steps, create a new partner type "Business approver" and create an access sequence to determine it automatically based on your organizational model. If needed, create also a particular access sequence to determine the change manager. Finally by adjusting the authorization roles, you can say for example that change manager can only approve the step 2 of the approval procedure and business manager only the step 1. In this case, if someone try to approve a step forwhich his is not allowed to, then he will get an error message.

Frederic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for reply.  It is already configured .But by mistake if user who is not authorised to perform the activity tries to appove or reject than he gets error message.

But

When you click on Actions  There are no actions in the worklist .  and the authorized User cannot approve as NO actions in the worklist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be an issue due to missing authorizations. I didn't manage such granularity yet but check the roles of change manager. And add into it your object type for change request (assuming you did a copy of SMCR). Also, check somewhere in the role, there is a combination saying that object should have a particular status to be allowed to approved step 1.

You have to find here to correct mix.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

I would like to ask you something about ITSM BW Reporting, i am a little bit confused, do we need a sap portal to use the standart BW Reports? I mean the reports  that we can reach from the attached screen.

And could you please explain one more time the solution you have found?

"we solve the issue by recreating the reports we needed o_O"

Thanks in advace,

Zeynep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zeynep,

if you wamt to use the standard BW reports for ITSM you need a SAP Portal with the BI module deployed. The portal needs to be connected to your solution manager.

What we did actually is that we activated the business analytics and used the standard BW cube and datasource that were available. Then we created BW reports (with Query Designer) and finally we are displaying them using UIBB components.

I have to admit that it is a shame to implement such a solution but we didn't see any other options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic, Zeynep,

Please check this link

Rg Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic, Hi Daniyar, 

Thank you very much for the quick responses. It helped a lot.

I am confused about this "BW Reporting in Solman" thema  and the configuration guide mentioned here. There are two reporting options within solman. One is "CRM interactive reporting" and the other is "ITSM BW reporting".  Both two methods are explained in the same configuration guide. Are they connected to each other?

So if i just want to use ITSM BW reporting, which settings in this guide should i carry out, all of them? I am not sure about it. Did you applied all these steps? Chapter 2-3-4-5-6? I think that i don't need to set up at least chapter 4-5? And some steps within Chapter 3 are also not required, like 3.1.17-20?

Thank you very much in advance.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frédéric, have you found a solution to your problem? We are facing the same issue.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

unfortunately not for the moment: But I raised a call to SAP. So when I get some news, I will post them here as well.

On the other hand, I'm installing a new SolMan 7.1 SP5 for a customer where I will have also to configure ITSM. It will be a good comparison point.

Regards,

Frederic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

I found that I had to apply oss note 1069281 and create a "dumy" logica system CRMBWDEST pointing to my BI client to make the error message BI Destination '' not reachable.

But now, I still have the same issue but with a my rfc namely set: BI Destination 'ITSM100ALE' not reachable.

So the feedback is only half good ^_^

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked this note:

1. Note 1576693 - Source code corrs: Interactive reporting/IT Performance Rep

It addressed several problems of Interactive reporting.

Do you have a seperate system for BI for you are using Solution Manager system as default?

Have you tried updating BI- Cont to the latest version?

Please let us know if any of this helps.

Otherwise we will have to proceed with logs.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

The note 1576693 has already been implemented on our system but it still does not work. We have 2 clients on the same system. One is dedicated to BI. How can I update the BI content ?

Regards,

Frédéric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frédéric

Here you can find the BI Content.

SAP Technology Components-->SAP SOLUTION MANAGER-->SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1-->Entry by Component-->BI Content

Please update the BI Content to the latest:

1.SAPK-70603INBICONT

2.SAPK-71003INSTBCO

Please check if this helps.

Best Regards

Saurabh

Fujitsu Consulting India-FCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following BI Content are installed on the system:

- SAPK-70604INBICONT

- SAPK-71003INSTBCO

So the problem seams not to come from here 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check this Note:

Note 1558756 - Solution Manager 7.1 - BI Monitoring: Prerequisites

Best Regards

Saurabh

Fujitsu Consulting India-FCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed pre-requisites of the note but the problem is still there 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding the BI setup is also performed as a part of the solman_setup wizard.

The basic setup wizard queries for the BI system (which could be on the same system/client as the SolMan) and then the activation tasks are performed.

Is the solman_setup wizard finished successfully?

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Home

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did. I also redo the setup (to be sure) but still not working. What is very strange is that I created my own Interactive Report and it works. So why those coming with SolMan did not ?    

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you sure you had all steps executed in solman_setup and all are green. have you checked the  authorisation of the user in  BI RFC,whether that has enough Auth at your  bi client/System.

check the notes i mentioned here with  corresponding  user

I just thought in  another way,found the below, might be you can get some clue from below

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1425672

Please check.

Thanks.

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the moment, all users in SolMan (both clients) have full authorizations (sap_all/sap_new). I also already read the thread you mentionned but it doesn't provide any solution. Or at least no solution that work for me 😕