cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTO with PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I understand that we can process MTO either from SD or PS. My client is now running PS and current sales transactions are all in PS by creating WBS and they have budget as well in the PS.

My question :

Lets say if they insist to have budget to produce the finished product, how do we generate these order reqiuirement in PS ? what is SD role in these matter ? any configuration has to be build ? I think I will not generate sales order if budget is mandatory.

Any input is highly appreciated.

Chika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I know, there will be no extra configuration in SD for your scenario.

B'coz a investment program (SAP IM) will be assigned to WBS for AuC. Which in turn will take care for all your budgeting configuration/requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

thanks , I am not familiar with SAP IM and all about the budgetting in the PS. If I take best practise for MTO process with SD and PP, no COPA activated, no RA, neither standard cost nor MAP in the finished product and settlement is at sales order level by PP.

Steps will be like :

1. SD - Create SO

2. PP cycle, from planned order till GR for the finished goods, settlement at sales order level.

3. SD - Create DO and PGI

4. SD - Billing

My question :

When will system generate COGS ?

Thank you !

Chika

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Fine.

Look generally the COGS first comes into picture while verify the beginning inventory balance.

In SD, COGS will come into picture after PGI is done.

Further, you can use product costing to determine the cost of the goods.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash,

thanks for reply. We do not activate product costing and only COPA is active.

I tried to do testing in IDES with MTO scenario, strategy group 20, requirement class 040. When I do PGI, I can see material document created but no accounting document. Production order had already been settled to sales order item.

I guess this is SAP standard behaviour for requirement class 040 with non valuated sales order stock so that we are not able to view accounting document immediately.

Is there any other step to transfer actual cost ? what are the next steps to post actual cost ?

thank you !

Chika