cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rabate Settlement: Combine multiple condition records into one line in Credit Memo?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here I have a requirement on rebate settlement to create credit memo request with one item line per one rebate agreement with multiple condition records;

**** Example *******************************************

[Master]

Rebate Agreement: 35

Condition Type: BO01

Condition Record:

Material A: 10%

Material B: 12%

[Sales]

Material A $2000, Material B: $10000

[At settlement]

Credit memo request with 1 item line with 1400, not 2 lines with 200 and 1200.

Is this possible to do so? If possible, what setting should I have done?

Best Regards,

Saya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saya,

From what I see from above, why do you require to have 2 condition records for that? You could accomodate them under a single rebate condition type and use a Single Material (common) as Settlement material in the condition record. Please test this option and see if it generates a single credit memo request.

Thanks

Thiagu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thiagu

I actually use only 1 condition type but we need to set different rate per material (not settlement material), so there would be multiple records under 1 condition type,

Condition type: BO01

Customer: AAA

Material A: 10%

Material B: 12%

Material C: 14%

I tried settlement with this kind of rebate with 1 settlement material, but item line in credit memo request separates by each condition records.

Can these line be combined at settlement??

Regards,

Saya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayaka,

Before giving any answer I would like to know which rebate functionality are you using ?

Are you using Standard Rebate Processing or Extended Rebate Processing?

If you answer is Extended rebate Processing then yes, you can update VAKEY combination for determination of Credit Memo and fulfill this requirement.

At the level of Material code we can pass Settlement Material Code from Rebate Agreement.

Regards,

Mahendra Jani

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can only be achieved by using Extended Rebate Agreement (with EA-CP business function active). In the variable key you need to choose the Sold-to (KUNNR) or Payer (KUNRG) as the settlement key (depending if the rebate recipient is a sold-to or payer having many sold-tos) and you will get a credit memo with one item no matter how many condition records you have in the rebate agrements. The use of extended rebates has to be planned carefully, as during settlement of rebate agreement there is already credit memo created using billing interface (without credit memo request), comparing to credit memo reqeust which has to be billed subsequently in standard rebates, so it can be not allowed by internal audit in some companies.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra,

I'm using standard rebate processing.

(I'm not really familiar with extended rebate processing. This is something I need to install in advance, correct?)

So, to combine item line by specific key we need to use Extended Rebate Processing?

Best Regards,

Sayaka Yano

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, it is possible in standard only with Extended Rebate Functionality.

However the settings mentioned by Mahendra are not correct - please refer to my post below.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Marcin,

I understood that we need Extended Rebate Functionality for our purpose, and if we used extended rebate functionality credit memo is directly created without credit memo request at settlement that could be problem with some companies.

I'm not familiar with Extended Rebate Functionality, is this kind of customizing? Does client have to pay for additional fee to SAP for install this function?

Regards,

Saya

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is part of business function EA-CP delivered already with ECC system. The business functions are already part of standard SAP license for ECC. You can find more ingormation on the Consumer Product Business Extension function EA-CP here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/42/fbded750e61febe10000000a422035/frameset.htm

You can activate the business functions in t.code SFW5. NOTE: The activation of most of the BF is one-way, so it means they cannot be deacivated afterwards, so be careful with activation and make sure the client is aware of the change.

After activation of BF EA-CP you will find new customizing IMGs for Extended Rebates in the Sales and Distribution -> Billing -> Rebates path.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marcin,

Thank you very much for the details!

I'll discuss with my client if we need this function active.

Regards,

Saya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marcin,

Thanks for complete details you have given to Sayaka.

I am not sure why you felt that my answer is wrong. But just wanted to know how you will pass Material Value at Line Item level in VAKEY.

But we can take it separately in some other issue discussion. As here sayaka does not need it right now.

Regards,

Mahendra Jani

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marcin,

Thanks for complete details you have given to Sayaka.

I am not sure why you felt that my answer is wrong. But just wanted to know how you will pass Material Value at Line Item level in VAKEY.

But we can take it separately in some other issue discussion. As here sayaka does not need it right now.

Regards,

Mahendra Jani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcin,

Thanks for sharing the information on extended rebates. we have EA-CP active in our system and system is creating multiple credit notes upon rebate settlement. I understand it is due to the customizing in VAKEY structure. At the moment below are the settings

AgreementType     Cntr     Doc.struc.     Doc.field     Target Fld

XXXX                    1          MCVBRK       VKORG          VKORG

XXXX                    2          MCVBRK        KUNAG         KUNAG

XXXX                    3          MCVBRK        LANDTX         LANDTX

XXXX                    4          MCVBRK        MTXCTY         MTXCTY

XXXX                    5          MCVBRK        MMWSKZ       MMWSKZ

XXXX                    6          MCVBRP        MATNR           MATNR

XXXX                    7          MCVBRP        PKUNWE        KUNWE

so my understanding is system will split the credit notes for the combination of above criteria. Is my understanding correct?

For example:

if i have 10 invoices relevant for rebate agreement R and in these 10 invoices 4 invoices has tax code as TX and 6 invoices has tax code TZ and in these 4 invoices 2 invoces has shipto partner SHX and 2 invoices has ship to partner SHZ.

then upon settlement system will create 3 credit notes am i right? one credit note for 6 invoices with tax code TZ, one more credit more 2 invoices with taxt code TX  and ship to SHX one more credit note for tax code TX and ship to partner SHZ.

Please correct me if anything in my understanding.

My next question is, the system is running quite some with these setting, will there be any problems if we remove/add some fields now. what is the ideal approach.

Thank you.

Answers (0)