Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very High Allocation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I require a very urgent help...

For a particular product at one deopt my forecast for month of june was 11 ea and for july was 36 ea.

system has allocated / created STO of  286 ea dated 26.06.2012.. i dont how system has proposed such qty

for that depot. pls help....

as of now, deliveries has been taken at that depot..

i had chekced NOD also for that depot.its 20 days...

pls help urgenlty as its really very critical...pls let me know where to check (APO , R/3 ) which Tcode to be used so that i come to know what was the actual scenario at that time and due to which reason system has allocated such high qty inspite of having low Forecast.

Thanks in advance for your understanding and co-operation.

Regards,

Jigar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

The question is not clear with respect to the process. Is it the first time you noticed such difference?

Assuming you use SNP planning and deployment functions, if there are receipts and your deployment uses push rules, then there is a possibility to have such a big order. So, verify the pull and push deployment horizons, fair share and push rules (t.code /sapapo/mat1 - tab SNP2), lot size, rounding profiles (t.code /sapapo/mat1 - tab lot size), and stock on hand as well as target stock levels (available in the SNP planning book).

Consider posting a snapshot of your SNP planning book data view showing the demand and supply situation (/sapapo/sdp94) and product view (/sapapo/rrp3).

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

In SNP demand Profile we have pull horizon of 1 days and in supply profile we have push horizon of 7 days, and we use fare share B rule as deployment profile.

this not for the first time i have noticed such huge allocation. not only for this product but also many other cases are there.

i actually want to know, how system calculates it logic while deployment having stock at factory , stock at depot, demand (which was very less in this case)...but still very high allocation happebed.

Rajesh, pls provide me additional info to find otut the reason for the same...

Regards,

Jigar

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jigar,

Since you did not mention about push distribution rule, I assume it's pull. Based on the other settings, the system should supply respecting the demands in two daily time buckets with the receipts from 7 daily buckets.

I am not sure about the target stock settings (t.code /sapapo/mat1 - Lot size tab - Quantity and date determination tab). Based on fair share rule B, it will also influence the deployment functionality.

Please check the following post on examples of different deployment rules. I hope that will help in understanding the impact of deployment rules and how the system calculates deployment quantity.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3194508

Thanks,
Rajesh