cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export(scc8)/Import(scc7) in different database & OS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I m certain dought in export import in sap.

i have 2 system having as mention below.

1-----ECC 6.0 on IBM DB2 database on AIX Plateform

2-----ECC 6.0 on oracle 10g database on Linux Platform

both system have same patch level and same kernel version.

Now My question is that can i take the export of 1st system via SCC8 and import to 2nd one via scc7.

is it Possible??

Please suggest.

Regards,

vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To do the entire system export and import into another system you need to use SAPINST tool which will use R3load internally to export the SAP data out from one system (database) and again use SAPINST to install the new system and import the data via R3load which SAPINST calls internally.

You can use SCC8 to export the client (depending on profile you choose) and import it using STMS and do the post client transport activities using SCC7 . This is possible in your scenario . But it will only do copy of the client specific data (at time cross-client data as well depending on the copy profile) and not the entire system for which you need to use SAPINST tool which I had mentioned above.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for such inforamtionm.

but in source system i have only 1 client. so export/import is ok in our case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

If your question is around heterogenous client copies (considering patch levels are the same) yes it is possible. Hetereogenous transports are possible. The only thing is what SAP recommends is do it directly at OS level using R3trans (of course having same patch). You can give shot using SCC8/SCC7 also.

What SAP also states is that while the client transport will itself be successful technically, there is no gurantee of its logical success.

But you can try this out.

One thing however. These two systems would have seperate repositories so could be certain tables in source wud be missing in target. So you are gonna have issues there.

Regards.

Ruchit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A client export is nothing but a big fat transport. Based on that the main requirement is that the source and the target systems are the same release and SPS if thats the case you shouldn't have much problems with it..

Read,

Note 70547 - CC-TOPIC: Client transport

Regards

Juan