Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7 - iOS, Enrollment Failed

apoorva_singh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problem while I try to enroll an iPad in freshly installed Afaria 7. It says "Enrollment Failed"

Performed following, step by step as per the installation guide:

1. Installed Afaria 7 Server, Administrator, Enrollment server and Portal server on the same machine (w/o Relay Server). Afaria administrator working fine with http://localhost/Afaria/Default.aspx. I can access Afaria Administrator through browser from my iPad and other machines. Port settings are default. Checked with netstat command, port 80,81 & 443 are in listening state.

2. In Device Communication page, selected HTTP with port 81 and Address for Device Communication with http://50.XX.XX.XXX:81. If I change this to 80 Afaria Server do not start.

3. In iOS notification  page, APNS Push Certificate (for Mobile Device Management) gets validated.

4. Generated an enrollment code.

5. Installed Afaria client on iPad from appStore.

6. Start Afaria client and enter enrollment code, display "Downloading Enrollment data" then shows "Enrollment Failed"

7. If I set Afaria setting in iOS device > Apps > Afaria > Device Management > Server name and port 80 and then enroll again it says "Connection Failed"

Kindly advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

prathik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Are the configuration details like the farm ID and other details being fetched from the Afaria server when you try to enroll your device; You can check them in the afaria settings in the settings of your ipad.

Best Regards,

Prathik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to confirm ip and port in enrolement server settings on administrator . iOS device will communicate on port 443 over SSL to enrollment server for enrolement .

regards

Zahaib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

in KB ID: 7378

SYMPTOM:
Receiving a HTTP 406 error when provisioning an iOS device. The following error will also appear in the Afaria Message log:

IPH6006: iOS: Ambiguous UDID.","Ambiguous iOS device UDID detected: <UDID>"

CAUSE:
This indicates that there is a duplicate iOS device entry that already exists in the Afaria database with the UDID that the user's device is reporting.

SOLUTION:
Remove any duplicate iOS entries in the Afaria Administrator that exist with the same device information as the device that is trying to be provisioned. It may also be helpful to query the A_IPHONE_DEVICE table to view what device entries exist with the same UDID.

Regards,

Message was edited by: patricio morales

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI !

Are you using iPHONE UTILITY CONFIGURATION for debuging?

If you dont, download it

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1466

and install it, then send me the log text.

if you get the Error 406, read my post, there is a solutions for this.

See ya!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! Now I have problem with enroll iOS devices. Error 406. I donot find your post. We have Afaria SP2. May be give me link to your post?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We solve our problem. RPC in CA server is unavailable. We restart CA server and all work again