cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pricing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus.. I Have one doubt

in VA01 update button is there( select one line item then double click go to condition tab here bottom we can fine update button )

here my major doubt is if we click update button one dilog box will appear and we give B it will take new pricing after changing the price in VK11

But same thing is controlled by PRICE TYPE    in copy control B carry out new pricing here also when ever want to change price we maintain new price in VK11

is there any difference between 2 process any wrong in my understanding?

thank you so much for our quick replay....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your copy control is having "B", then there is no need to click again "Update" button in billing since irrespective of your sale order price, whatever condition record is maintained, system will only consider that. 

On the other hand, if your copy control is other than "B" (let us assume, it is "G"), and your sale order price for a material is USD 55.00 which has been created in June'12.  Now due to some reason, the price gets changed to USD 60.00 for the same material.

In this circumstances, if you generate billing document today, due to copy control settings above, system will fetch only USD 55.00, whereas, you want the system to fetch USD 60.00.  Hence, you need to click the "Update" button here and again double click on "B".

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is there any difference between 2 process

To explain the difference I have done two tests:

Test 1: In sales order, button Update, select Pricing type B

1. Create a sales order

2. In VK12, change PR00 from 10USD to 16USD

3. Go in to the line item level, of the sales order, Tab Conditions, click botton Update; select B

4. Result, in the sales order, Tab Condition, PR00 value changes to 16USD

Test 2: Pricing type B, in copy control (VTFL)

1. Create a sales order

2. In VK12, change PR00 from 10USD to 16USD

3. Create delivery, do PGI

4. Create a billing document

5. In the billing document, at line item level, Tab Conditions, check value of PR00

PR00 value is 16USD

6. Go to sales order, VA03, check value of PR00

PR00 value is 10USD (Unchanged)

Please do these tests and if there are any questions, comments please convey.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But same thing is controlled by PRICE TYPE    in copy control B

we click update button one dilog box will appear and we give B it will take new pricing after changing the price in VK11

is there any difference between 2 process

Pricing type B when used in sales order (VA02) or  when used in copy control (i.e. during creation of billing document (VF01)) has the same "FUNCTION"or purpose i.e. update the pricing in the particular document* with the latest information from the condition records.

Particular document is different:

This update when used in sales order (VA02) happens in the sales order.

This update when used in copy control (VTFL or VTFA) happens in the billing document.

Similar example - Deactivation of availability check

Can be done in MMR - Availability check OR in Sales order - Schedule line category

Note: This example is not 100% similar to the above but I hope you get the main idea.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

Just for your information, in Sales Order to Sales Order copy control Price type is generally set a B - so the all the latest Price is determined in new Sales Order.

But in Sales Order to Invoice copy control or Delivery to Invoice copy control the Price Type is generally set a G, so that all the Prices (Other than Taxes) are copied from Sales Order & not from condition records which may have changed.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

Thank you for your post!

Indicating patterns presents good learning opportunities.

Please also give some explanation for the exceptions e.g. QT > CS, why pricing type = A? etc.

Venu, Jignesh,

Understanding the policies with your company's customers with regards to pricing is very important. And these policies should determine the choice of the Pricing Types in copy control (VTFA, VTFL).

During the brainstorming sessions with your client ask about these policies (or price redetermination) from one document to another too.

In addition to questions that related to Pricing procedure(s).

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu ,

If we click update button one dilog box will appear and we give B it will take new pricing after changing the price in VK11

This is Fine in order level ( You are just updating price in the order itself)

How ever in copy control pricing  B Type  carry out new pricing is that it will not copy the manual entry wt ever u do in order 

In billing level u can have new pricing if required , mean u can change the price in billing level also(proceeding document ),

(Pricing type is control how the system treats pricing data when copying documents )

Regards

Ramesh

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

both are same  function main deference is when you make a copy controls at pricing type - b , then you make sale order on that time system will copy pricing procedure not for basic amount , it comes automatically,

but you could not set the pricing type - b at copy controls , then create the sale order on that you pricing procedure copy and values also copy, on that time you want updated pricing procedure as manually ,

this main deference

please check this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear BOJJA

Thank you so much for your replay but i need some more clarification on your posting

pl give one example from your posting to get strike out point. plz plz

Thank you so much Ramesh for sharing your knowledge .