Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service: WSDL missing tags Service and Binding

DiegoDora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have been surfind the internet looking for a solution to this issue that I'm having with the WSDL generated by a web services that it was created based on an RFC. This is the scenario:

1. I create a function group with 2 function modules (add and sub)

2. Go to Utilities > More Utilities > Create Web Services > Function Group

3. I select all the basic configuration (Transport: No Authentication and No Transport Guarantee, local object) and click on finish.

4. The web services was created on ECC and I execute SOAMANAGER to create the endpoint.

5. Here I leave all the default configuration and create the binding

6. Once that I finished the following happens:

- If I press in the 1st link (Open Design Time WSDL document) it opens the WSDL but binding and service tags are missing. (Check attachment)
- If I press in the 2nd link (Open WSDL document for selected binding or service) after 60 seconds I get a Time Out with the following error:

500 Connection timed out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error: -5
Version: 7200
Component: ICM
Date/Time: Thu Jul 19 20:36:16 2012 
Module: icxxthr_mt.c
Line: 4295
Server: scdecc_ECC_00
Error Tag: {-}
Detail: Connection to partner timed out after 60s

In addition, because of the lack of Binding and Service tags in the WSDL I can't use SOAP UI to generate testing scenarios because it gives me an error due to the missing tags.

I would really appreciate it any kind of help, I had been checking SDN  for discussions like this but the ones that I found didn't have the answer or didn't apply.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Diego Dora.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Once you create the endpoints in SOAMANAGER of ECC, there service will get published in the Service Registry. (automatically, depends on the publishing rules).

A) Check if you can locate the service in the Services Registry.

B) You must be getting these options in SOAMANAGER after selecting the service.

1. Open porttype WSDL document 
  2. Open WSDL document for selected binding or service 
  3. Open Web Service navigator for selected binding 
  4. Display selected Binding's or Service's WSDL URL

try options 3 & 4.

Regards,

Anish

DiegoDora
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anish,

Thanks for you answer! On friday night I got to the bottom of it, I'm going to explain it here so we can keep the solution for the community:

- Basically, the option Open WSDL document for selected binding or service was timing out.

- It seems that the reason why was Timing Out (with a 60 seconds Time Out) is that the standard code that generates the WSDL with the corresponding binding was being compiled on the background.

- After extending the time out to 3600 from the transaction SMICM (ICM Monitor) it took a couple of minutes and the WSDL was generated.

- Now, it only takes a couple of seconds to generate the WSDL with the binding.

For more details, here is the step by step:

Check the System Time Out

1. Go to the ICM Monitor, transaction code SMICM
  2. Go to the upper menu “Goto” and press in “Services”
  3. Check the checkbox for the HTTP service and Go to the menu “Service” and pick the option “Change”
  4. Once the pop-up appears the value that has to be modify is “Max. Processing Time” to 3600

After this, press the link for the corresponding service in the SOA Manager : Open WSDL document for selected binding or service.

I hope this help other fellow colleagues!

Best,

Diego Dora.

Answers (0)