cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant do pgi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue #1 - cant do pgi
I cannot do post goods issue on one item of my delivery doc.

I have delivery doc and scenario is

line item 10 - quantity 10 - I pick 10

line item 20 - quantity 35 - I did not pick because I just want to deliver line item 10.

When I do PGI, I got this error:

I understand the error about line item 20 because I did not pick it and in the first place, I have no

plan of delivering it yet. But on item 10, I am expecting it to be delivered.

How can I can do picking and PGI on just one item on my sales order (my SO has 2 line items)?

Please help.

issue #2 - confirmation of solution

scenario: I have sales order with one line item and with quantity 100.

first partial delivery was 10.

second partial delivery was 60.

remaining quantity to be delivered is 30.

We need to reject the remaining quantity of 30 and what we applied is we adjusted by editing the sales order and making the quantity in the sales order to 70 only. This made the sales order status "completed". Is this the right and only solution to cancel remaining quantity of order (single line item)? Please confirm.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For Issue# 1;

In delivery document, post goods issue applies to all the line items in the delivery document. So if you don't want to process item 20, then delete the line item. By this way, goods issue can be done for the first item, which is picked. Whenever needed, you can create a separate delivery for the second line item.

For issue# 2;

What you have done, changing the quantity to 70 is one way and the other one is applying the reason for rejection at line item level. By this way, you can still keep the history for what is the original quantity ordered by the customer.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you people. 😃

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue #1 - cant do pgi

PGI is at a delivery level

in other words for ALL the items in the delivery, the picking quantity has to be equal to the delivery quantity.

Delete line item 20 (quantity 35)  because you want to deliver only line item 10.

Then do PGI

issue #2 - confirmation of solution

Is this the right and only solution to cancel remaining quantity of order (single line item)? Please confirm.

Yes, it could be the right way.

If customer wants 70EA in place of 100EA, user can go and change the Order quantity from 100 to 70 in the sales order.

Be careful that the Order quantity of the sales order can be reduced below 70EA too e.g. 60EA or 40EA. Thus user should be careful while changing the quantity of the sales order after creating deliveries.