Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-requisite for for only UD

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends ,

We are having some materials for which user wants only UD and not RR . I know without RR , we can do UD because system will give warning msg only . But I want to ask is creating a inspection plan (QP01) is mandatory for UD also even if I dont want RR .

Actually I have tried using inspection type 01 (GR against PO) in a material's master and have not created the Inspection plan for it . Lot is getting created but it is under CRTD mode and not released . Without plan its not allowing me to do UD .

Also , I have tried removing tick "Inspection with task list" in material master under inspection setup . But it is not allowing me to do so and giving me error msg "You can only inspect by characterstics using the inspection  specifications" .

Can somebody explain the steps for doing this scenario where on UD is to be done . I am new to QM so please explain all the steps .

REgards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

There are two ways possible.

1. Activate Insp type 01.

Uncheck fields, Inspection With task List, Inspection With material Spec., Auto Assignment and insp. by Chars.

You have to uncheck all these fields.

After GR, Insp Lot will be created with REL status. You can give UD.

2. Activate "Post to Insp stock" field in PURCHASING" view.

At the time of GR, stock will be posted in Quality. and can be posted to Unrestricted or Blocked using Movement types by MB1B.

Set Authorizations accordingly.

According to me 2nd way is better.

Regards,

Amol

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do that!

1. QCC0 > Quality inspection  >Inspection lot creation  > Define Default Values for Inspection Type
  2. Double click on appropriate inspection type
  3. Remove following ticks
    1. Inspect by task list
    2. Inspect by specification
    3. Record characteristic results

I would suggest to customize new inspection type for this requirement with above settings rather than modifying existing set up for 01 inspection type.

For your existing entries, you may have to create inspection plan and clear the same.

Regards,

AR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you must also unclick the two check boxs,

Automatic assignment and Check  Chars

if you don't want to do RR after inspection lot was created.

btw, you can assign the sampling procedure while set up inspection type.