cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM compatibility with R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are going to install SAP SRM 5.0. We have R/3 4.6C at the backend. Will this be compatible.

What are the plug-ins needed at the R/3 side and the adapters needed at the SRM side to have connection between these systems.

Thanks in advance,

Sailesh K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Mnimum requirement, the following applies:

If you use plug-in 2004.1 in an R/3 system of Release 4.6C, you need Support Package level 33 of component SAP_APPL as a minimum requirement in your R/3 back-end system.

If you intend to operate the plan-driven procurement scenario, the direct material scenario, the extended classic deployment or the processing of third-party purchase orders with SRM Release 4.0 (SRM Server 5.0) and to use also an R/3 back-end system with Release 4.6B, 4.6C or 4.70, consider the following:

As a minimum requirement for the above scenarios you need at least the following Support Package level of component SAP_APPL in your R/3 back-end system:

- 4.6B SAP_APPL Support Package 49

- 4.6C SAP_APPL Support Package 39

- 4.70 SAP_APPL Support Package 08

For the plan-driven procurement, also refer to Note 428116 (section 7) of component SAP_APPL.

Note on the processing of third-party purchase orders:

Release 4.6C or higher is a prerequisite of the Supplier Portal.

You can find more information on the availability and maintenance of the R/3 plug-in on http://service.sap.com/r3-plug-in: -> SAP R/3 Plug-In -> Integration of SAP R/3 and mySAP.com Components -> SAP BBP /EBP /SRM

Note 726425 - SRM Server 5.0 other dependencies

Cheers,

Shyam

Message was edited by:

shyam thamadapalli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Thanks for the information. It was really helpful.

Actually, in our company, we are also going to install BI 7.0 for SRM reporting purpose. But this BI7.0 will also fetch data from R/3 back end which in our case is 4.6 C non-unicode system with kernel release 46D.

Will there be any compatibility problems for connecting BI7.0 and R/3 4.6C. If so, what the best solution might be?

Thanks in advance,

Sailesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

We never faced any issues as such ... I guess I shouldn't be much of a problem. Our landscape also was complex with some system being Non-unicode and some Uni-code. Are you using XI and EP by any chance ? Let me know ur mail id if possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christo,

We too have XI and EP in our landscape.

My mail id is sailumax@gmail.com

If you have any good documents on this, please share with me. Once you mail me, i will share our landscape with you.

Also, can you confirm whether BI7.0 communication with R/3 4.6C, wont cause any effects.

Thanks in advance,

Sailesh K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shailesh,

If your backend system is single code page then there is no problem in connecting it to BI7.0, i belive you use only english as your language.

Cheers,

Shaym

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

We are using english language only.

But what my understanding is that our R/3 is non-unicode system. But BI 7.0 is mandatorily a unicode system. Will this cause any issues? or we can go about implementing BI7.0

Thanks for your help,

Sailesh K

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sailesh,

BI 7.0 which is actually now called SAP NetWeaver 2004s can be installed as either non-unicode or unicode. I would strongly recommend you start with unicode as it is the future direction and it will save you a costly conversion in the future.

The BI capabilities of SAP NetWeaver 2004s can communicate with unicode and non-unicode systems. For SAP systems like mySAP SRM running single non-unicode codepages the connectivity to a unicode BI system is delivered out of the box so you have no worries about choosing unicode BI.

I hope this helps,

Mike.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sailesh,

We have connected our SRM 5.0 to an 4.6C system and it is compatible. You will just need to make sure that you have the latest plug-ins Installed.