cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast profiles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

How to prevent some users from being able  to save changes to forecast model settings  as auto generated GUID profiles while allow it for some key users?

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the authorization object C_APO_PRPF (Authorization for forecast profile) for required restriction.

Excerpts from SAP note 400434 that describes various authorizations related to APO-DP.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/400434

Forecast

----------------

The object C_APO_FUN with the function C_PRPFL is checked in the  transaction used to maintain the forecast profile /sapapo/mc96b. The  same constellation is called up in interactive planning when you save or  delete forecast profiles. For life cycle planning, the object C_APO_FUN  is used with the function C_LIFECC (as of Support Package 14). The  function C_ZUORPR with the object C_APO_FUN is used for to assign  forecast profiles to selections (as of Support Package 14). When you run  the forecast in interactive planning, the object C_APO_FUN is used with  the function C_FCST. In display mode, the function S_FCST is requested.  You can use the BAdI /SAPAPO/IF_EX_SDP_INTERACT (see Note 414431) to  hide the function keys for specific users in the forecast view and in  all user-defined views. Note that you generally require the  authorization C_PRPFL with the object C_APO_FUN when you save the data  in the forecast, since the forecast profile is also stored.

Since SCM 4.1, the new authorization object C_APO_PRPF is checked when you display or change a forecast profile and when you run a forecast with the corresponding profile. In lifecycle planning, the system also checks the authorization object C_APO_LIKE when a LIKE profile is processed.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply - it matches with my initial thoughts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know I shouldn't be asking this question but I can't seem to be able to find where to allocate points in the new forum/portal. I have marked your response as 'correct answer' already though.

Answers (0)