cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 - Role combinations & double menu items / POWL

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those of you who have successfully implemented SRM7 without Enterprise Portal
I'd love to hear how you've setup role structures within PFCG.

Currently I'm having multiple single roles with or without menu structure within SRM7.
In SRM 5 it was relatively easy to segregate menu options by showing or not showing them.

However on SRM7 we're now getting overlapping functions.

Example:

Employee role

but also
Emloyee+MRP Planner role combination exists.

How do I avoid getting redundant menu options within the PFCG roles? Am I bound to go for composites or can it be
done by single roles as well? Further, if both roles should for example have shopping cart inbox or their own POWL.
How does that reflect on the NWBC web? Still as 1 POWL?

I'm looking basically for 2 things?

1) how to segregate menu options (when using only single roles, but combinations exist)

2) what POWL limitation/restriction options there are if we're combining single roles that both have POWL access.

Any documentation or pointers would be greatly helpful.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this link: http://help.sap.com/erp_fao_addon10/helpdata/en/4c/074300c6ed4de6bbc33f2c8d3c06e5/frameset.htm

I am pretty sure you'd like to group same "Transactions" and show them as "single" entries not as "multiple" entries without dividing all the roles.

"Application Alias" should work in this case.

BTW: this is also valid for Portal not only NWBC

BR, Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Buddy,

Go through this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/de/3a/5f6054b92d46b3bb4ccf4cf37f67f9/content.htm

This will clarify all your doubts.

Thanks,

Sushil.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Sushil,

Thank you for the link. However it's about the basic mechanics of PFCG.
What I am concerned about is role combination, regardless if we use
Composite roles or Single roles.

There is always the possibility of a combination of roles. In that case... how do we
separate the menu items or avoid doubles?

In the example I gave before, say we have

Employee role, the MRP Planner role

but also the combination of Emloyee+MRP Planner.
If in the roles that were built for both a menu option is visible and we assign both
roles (the combination) to a user, the user will get double items.
The only option I see is to create composite roles (or singles if you want to keep your authorization structure flat), for all possible combinations.

I want to confirm with you guys if that is correct or that I'm missing something.