Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport - Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have a question.

What does it happen if I try to transport a request via STMS and I don't select the Client?

I did a test and the request was transported but I can't find through the import log what client the script got to transport.

Please, help me!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilia,

Whenever you create a transport in SAP it will create a two files in the os level. one is data file which have the data and other is header file called co file.

If you are not providing any client name while releasing the tp, it will reside in the path of tp directory ( which was represented in STMS directory). Even though you represent in the tp it will directly get into that folder.

After that whenever you need to import you directly goto stms and then choose the tp and then import.

let me know if you have any queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much guys!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marilia,

i agree with Juan. The TMS uses the source client as destination client.

In case your source client isn't available in the destination client, you're find your transport in the queue but with an empty client-field.

You'll be promted to define a destination client if you try to import the request.

Regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it ur query or the issue????? or u r experimenting with  ur PRD client????

Regards

Bishwanath

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What does it happen if I try to transport a request via STMS and I don't select the Client?

As far as I know it tries to send it to the same client as the source system

Regards, Juan