Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears

Note: The actual hostname has been replaced by <hostname>

Solution Manager 7.1 SP5 running on AIX 6.1

D+W running on latest version 720 - 300

Host Agent 7.20 SP99 - Kernel release 7.20 212

Error message in Host Agent sapstartsrv.log - trace level 3:

[Thr 258] CCMS: [253] Can not customize MTE Files_of_<hostname>. MteClass mismatch [Files_of_&U] vs. [CcmsFileMonitoring]

[Thr 258] CCMS: [253] Can not customize MTE Monitored Patterns. MteClass mismatch [AlLogFilePatternToMatch] vs. [CcmsFiletest.CAP.20120704.Patterns]

I tried adjusting the MTE_CLASS and MONITOR_CONTEXT to match the names to what is expected according to the log file but 1) this shouldn't be necessary, you should be able to use self-defined values and 2) it doesn't work out because the .Patterns is always added so if you use AlLogFilePatternToMatch you get error MteClass mismatch [AlLogFilePatternToMatch] vs. [AlLogFilePatternToMatch.Patterns]

The result is the log file doesn't show up in RZ20.

I tried lots of things: updating everything to the latest version (system, kernel, host agent, sapccmagent package, d+w). That doesn't seem to solve the problem.

I tried removing the contexts in RZ20, stopping the SAP system, removing the generated files under the HOST_AGENT ( tree files etc), cleanipc <instance no> remove and restarting the SAP system so everything is regenerated but that doesn't help either.

I have a customer message open but it's going nowhere at the moment despite a MaxAttention contract.

I'm looking into SP5 Business Process File Monitoring now as an alternative but I would like to get the CCMS file monitoring method working as well as it should still be supported and should work fine through the SAP Host Agent.

https://service.sap.com/bpm

https://service.sap.com/bpmMedia Library - Technical Information

Setup Guide - Interface Monitoring

--> Both CCMS file monitoring & BPM file monitoring are included in the document

Any hints are welcome. There is very little I can find on the net on CCMS issues that is deep enough to get me further.

Best regards

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The solution was setting the custom ini file (for log monitoring) in the /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS<instance no>/log/sapccm4x directory and adjusting the default ini file so the custom ini file is picked up.

Afterwards, do a stop/start of your Host Agent.

Apparently the system looks for the ini file over there while the Host Agent SAPCCMSR directory appears to only be used by the new Technical Monitoring scenario.

I've provided feedback to SAP that the help pages concerning this topic were very unclear to where to place the files and in general a lack of information is provided.

Answers (0)