cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

logging off the users who are inactive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts ,

some time need to log off  few of the users that are inactive for long period of time after sorting in ascending order in time wise fashion, so i need to know what are the precautions should be taken while logging off the users through sm04 TX.

Regards

BIshwanath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First we need to check if the user doing any activity and any memory consumption. If not then we need to check any lock entries relevant to the user with the help of transaction code SM12. After that we will end the session.

But normally we need to ask the end user before kill the session that is the best practice. If we kill without any analysis it will end up in data inconsistency.

So before make sure to kill the session.And also check it is Remote connection or BG or update in SM04.

Let me know if you have any queries and appreciate if it helps. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for the early reply, as some of mine senior admin. told me that check for any t- code that user is running , or any rfc is making , if it Type is GUI u can logoff the usr, but if its RFC do not do so..

i have checked most of the users that they are not executing any Transaction , but TYpe- RFC is showing , should i log off these users from server, for ur convenience i am attaching the screen shot..

Regards

BIshwanath kanjilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bishwanath,

Make a note that we can't determine the portal users and RFC users like GUI users. Since even though the user click some links in portal we can't determine from SM04.

we blindly check that no transaction was used by the user. since for portal it mustn't need to display the transaction.

So, we need to check with user and check the memory consumption. After that we need to check the lock entries for our safe.

Let me know if you have any queries and appreciate me if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

so i need to check the lock entries corresponding to the user before i log off any users from the server to remain in safe side, if any thing you like to add into this i will really appreciate you,

Thanks 4 the help...

Regards

Bishwanath kanjilal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. Since we can't able to judge the user with the help of SM04 screen. For RFC user there is a separate user which help to fetch the data from back end to front end. ( UML_service).

So For GUI user we will make a eye on SM12 and SM13.

let me know if you have any queries and appreciate if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot....now i got the point ....i will mark it as answered..

Regards

Bishwanath kanjilal

Answers (0)