cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Name is Different from the Supplier Number in Shopping Cart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We have faced the following issue: right after our system went live, in the SRM Supplier Portal, when creating a free text shopping cart selecting some suppliers would display the correct Supplier Name, but an incorect Supplier Number.

For example:

Supplier A with the number 1234

Supplier B with the number 9876

When using the search function is the portal searching for Supplier B and after assigning the supplier in Source Of Supply, the portal would display

1234 Supplier B.

In the back-end in BBP_PD if you take a look at that shopping cart, the supplier number and name are correct from a matching point of view, this means that the shopping cart above would have the supplier 1234 with the name Supplier A. This was a problem because the Purchase Order would be sent to the wrong supplier. In our case to Supplier A based on the backend data. We fixed the supplier determination by an SAP note, but as we know it this does not affect previously created documents.

The issue now is that our requesters use the function "Old Shopping Carts and Templates" extensively. And when using this with a shopping cart that had the problem the data is copied wrong, meaning the supplier displayed is 1234 Supplier B.

I'm now looking for two things:

1. A report/function/I don't know that would allow me to extract the supplier name and number from the shopping carts in the portal so that I'm able to match it with an correct vendor list from the vendor master. (We have the Oracle Business Intelligence and not the Standard SRM BI)

2. A way to fix the incorect link in the portal if this is available.

Thank you in advace for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Debug the shopping cart by clicking on 'Check/Save' button and try to fetch the vendor data; By doing this you can match with the vendor master data. I am not aware of any report/function module/report to fetch screen data.

2. To fix this raise SAP message.

Note: we are on 7.0 SP11 and not facing this issue.

Cheers,

K Gp