cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Modification- Skip lots

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have activated dynamic modification rule and skip lots are happening as per the DMR.

The skip lots are closed by running the program (txn code QA17)

The problem here is, in the task list many materials are assigned to a single group so that the inspection plan is not getting assigned automatically. So even for skip lots we have to assign the inspection plan manually in QA02. Until we assign the inspection plan we couldn't execute the txn QA17.

I just want to know the normal functionality of DMR for skip lots. Can we avoid generating the inspection lot during the time of skips?

Because even during the skip lots the stock is coming to quality inspection. To avoid the stock coming to quality during GR we can select the unrestricted stock. But the person who makes the GR doesn't know whether the lot is skip or regular lot.

Now here i want to know is there any other way to assign the inspection plan automatically to the materials?

Also i want to know how we can avoid generating inspection lots for the skip lots

Awaiting for your reply

Thanks and Regards

Hari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

if you are assigning multiple materials to a single group, u need not to assign Inspection plan manually. Unless there are multiple task lists for single material.

And You can not avoid generation of skip lots as you are defining No. of inspection for Skipped stage.

Inspection lot will be created for those no. of inspection, with status SKIP.

there is a problem in Inspection plan assignment. may be more than one task lists are created for same material.

regards,

amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thank you very much for your quick response

The situation is like this.

Lets say a material 'X' has two task lists against a same vendor. But the usage is different

Usage status for task list 1 is 51 (Goods receipt model) (Without DMR)

Usage status for task list  2 is 5 (Goods receipt) (With DMR)

When GR happens for the skip lots the inspection lot status is CRTD CHCR SPRQ.

Then in QA02 I have to delete the revision level and click on the task list and then only task list 2 is getting assigned.

After assigning the inspection task list 2 the status changes to REL  SKIP SPRQ QLCH.

Let me know how to avoid this and how task list can be get assigned automatically ( In QM material master view- Automatic assignment is checked)

Thanks and Regards

Hari

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi hari,

problem is because of Revision level.

Create task list with "Past Date".

if  Revision date : 18.07.2012, Then create Task list with valid from date as Past date to 18.07.2012.

regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I created a new Group  from copying the existing group. I assigned all the materials (around 1000) in the new group created.

I created the new group with key date before the revision date mentioned in the Material master( purchasing view).

Now it is working fine and the inspection specification is getting assigned properly.

But i want to know the reason why the existing group was not working even that task list date was a past date to the revision level date.

I couldn't figure out the reason for this. Please help me out

Thanks and Regards

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The group was valid from 3/1/2011, but the material assignment was done on 11/14/2011 and valid from that date only(where as the revision level date for the material is 09/12/2011 . This is the reason behind the inspection lot getting generated in CRDT Status.

So I removed the material  from material assignment and again re-assigned with key date before the revision date.

Now it is working fine

Thanks and Regards

Hari

Answers (0)