cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proforma invoice ignores the billing block in milestone billing plan

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

We are facing an issue regarding the creation of proforma invoices when we use milestone billing plan. The billing plan contains three dates. Only the first date for the downpayment is released for billing. If I would create the downpayment (FAZ) I will only get this one. If I chosse F5 (order-related proforma-invoice) I will get three proforma-invoices even when the two later dates are blocked for billing.

In customing the assigment between billing block (02) and the billing type is already made.

Is there someone who experienced the same issue - and maybe solved this?

thanks a lot in advance

Matthias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a quick test, create a sales order (OR sales document type), at header level give Billing block.

Create delivery, do PGI

In VF01, try creating a billing document of F8 billing type.

Does system allow the creation of a proforma billing document?

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi T W ,

thx for the hint. I already tested that one. If I set vbak-faksp to 02 (in this case), the normal invoice (F2) is blocked and the proforma one as well (because of entry in customizing - V_TVFSP). If I delete the customizing entry for faksp 02 and F5 I can create the F5 proforma, but then the system ignores the billing plan completely, means I get all items with full amount into the F5 profoma.

best regards

Matthias

Add. info.:

they just check on vbak-faksp not on fplt-faksp

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Currently I do not have access to IDES, later I shall test and get back to you.

From my understanding

In the sales order, billing is as follows, at item level for periodic billing plan:

11.Jan.2012, 100Euros

11.Feb.2012, 100Euros

11.Mar.2012, 100Euros

In VA01,

When billing date is given 15 Jan 2012

Then only first amount shall be billed

I guess, if in VA01, in addition to the above, add in field Billing type F5

And check.

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi T W,

you gave the right hint 🙂

The way of doing it you just described had the detail.

My billing plan default did not carry the F5 in the line to be printed. the only thing I need to "sell" to the users is now they have to change the billing type in the billing plan before they will get the real invoice (F2) out of the system.

We use milestone billing and it will look like this - I would say "final approach":

1.date     downpayment     no block     billing type F5    

2. date     delivery             block 02     billing type F2

3. date     final inv.            block 02     billing type F2

If the item is check using F5 they need to switch to FAZ / F2 and set the next to F5 and delete the billing block.

I think that a pretty good work around and the perfect solution will be done using the exit mentioned by bvdv

thank you very much to both of you

Matthias

PS:

I will let you know about the exit programming

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matthias,

I have done tests in IDES with milestone billing; in sales order, at line item level, in Tab Billing Plan changing billing type (from FAZ to F5, F2 to F5 etc. etc. etc.)

In configuration IMG>SD>Billing>Billing Plan>...>Date category - the default billing type etc. etc.

I don't think your work around works. (it may happen that I am not doing exactly as you have described)

With F5 still I can create billing document (F5 billing type) for entire amount.

Note: Change the billing plan of the downpayment from FAZ to F5, I donot know the full impact.

Please investigate, ask further about

- doing this above change (FAZ to F5), from accounting perspective

(in the sales order itself; maybe for - in the billing and accounting)

- making such major changes in sales order, would this cause human errors? (user forgetting to change the line item billing type back from F5 to FAZ)

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP-OSS came back to me. In deed there is no standard solution for that scenario. They suggested to create your own copy rule.

I think that is of course a good idea. Though it takes a little time until I can make it, I will stay with having F5 in the firstline.

they also sent me a hint to this note:

Note 701967 - Third party/with billing plan: FPLT-FAKSP not considered

This does not match perfectly but it is a good starting point.

best regards

Matthias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member206976
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not worked on the same issue but I predict you can solve this issue by using exit "USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP" (include:RV60AFZC).

Regards

bvdv

Matthias038
Participant
0 Kudos

I would have liked to give you the points for the correct answer as well but I saw I can only give it to one of the answers. I suggest we make a "deal" and I create a new thread for the right exit 🙂

best regards

Matthias

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matthias,

Two ways come to mind:

1. Bvdv could post another post in this thread. You could give points there.

2. Find a post written by Bvdv in another thread. You could give points there.

In my opinion, your appreciation is a reward in itself.

The learning from this issue is the most important reward.