Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validating J2EE_admin user

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have installed the ECC 6.0 SR3 and the installation didn´t complete, it stopped during the java creating users, i skiped and continue working because the instance started and i succeed to login via sapGUI.

I did some customizations because i had a deadline on a project while I was looking for a solution to correct that problem. Now I know the cause of the problem, was the wrong java sdk installed version, i downloaded from sap and installed.

The problem now is how can I continue with the installation without starting from scratch. I using the Software Life-Cycle Options > Java Add-In for ABAB > MS SQL > ... from the master CD and it stops on the phase validating j2ee_admin users according with the image on the attachment.

Note: theses users doesn´t exist on the system because they were not created, I created them manually via tcode su01 and give to them the right role but it´s not helping.

Please help, I can´t start from scratch.

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

If my understanding is correct.

You have installed a dual stack system earlier and got some problem at the time of intallations(Creating users for Java) and just continued your configuration activities --> Because you were able to login in SAPGUI level.

If yes --> Are you able to login via browser into the java page

Assume : system number is 00 (Dual stack installation)

http://hostname:50000/nwa  ( Able to login with j2ee_admin --> master password used at the time of installation)

Hostname : Hostname of the server

If you are not able to do so --> are you getting any error message ?

Note : Would like to know and confirm whether java package installed already in your system.

Regards

Vijay

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Yes your understanding is correct, i installed the dual stack system (not sure what is dual stuck system) and all that you said above. But NO I can´t login vai browser in the java page using the url you just gave me.

I´m not getting any error just the information on the browser telling the that the page cannot be displayed nothing else.

Yes, the new java packages is now installed on the system.

So my point is i don´t want to build it from scratch because i have some customizations done on client 100 of this system that is to used to a new client.

regards

nelson\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Dual stack system (For example PI is a dual stack it holds abap and Java as a prerequisite and solution manager ).

In your case, I suspect you have done only an ABAP stack installation and not the java. To confirm this, in ur sap directory ( /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/j2ee) there you can see all the folders like configtool and others.

If the folders present, can you try to login in to the configtool ( /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/j2ee)/configtool/configtool.bat (If its unix please use .sh)  --> this will give a hope for us that java ssystem speaks with the database

So for in my understanding : You have installed a ABAP stack alone (Not 100% sure) .However we will try to find out with your answer.

Regards

Vijay

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Unfortunately the hope is gone, the j2ee folder just have 3 folders inside:

- cluster

- os_libs

- shortdum

while they should have:

- admin

- cluster

- configtool

- ctc

- deploying

- j2eeclient

- jspm

- os_libs

- supportplatform

so can i copy these folders for a running system to this one and create manually the j2ee and other java users?

Regards

Nelson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

As Scared!!!

No, That will not work and indeed we should not do that.

In this case, As vishal suggested - the two options would be more appropriate ( Because we cannot afford to lose the data of what we have done and the same time you need Java addin as well but not from the scratch)

But before that can you please post the full path oiyf the one which you are tryng in SAPINst now,

Software life cycle --> java addin --> ???

Note : We should not get inconsistency later on - Thats more important as well.

Regards

Vijay

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Thank you and please find the path on the file screen shot, i´ll go for the Vishal options 2 and build now a virtual machine and install all there.

After that start with the restoration process that I´m sure/confident on how do I do it.

Regards

Nelson\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Guess you have missed it ..Please paste the screen shot.

Also - if its a fresh java add in ( not used the option under target system under software life cycle) - then it should not be a user problem in the existing - may be we can a password policy also matter.

However we could confirm this when screen shot in place

Regards

Vijay

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

Just to make sure, Have you already installed central services instance and also database instance for java add in before initiating the central instance?

Indeed other two completed successfully?

Regards

Vijay

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I did. this one the mistake was the wrong java sdj used, now i know how to do it correct and i already did it. I just don´t want to lost the customization made on this wrong setup system.

Regards

Nelson

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nelson,

When trying to complete the installation did you launch sapinst afresh or did you use the same sapinst directory(where the logs,keydb.xml etc are written to)?

Is the following a possibility as also hinted by meenakshi:

1)Backup your existing system.

2) Client export of the client where you have customizing put in

3) Re-install from scratch

4)Import client.

What the support message mentions is in a way correct but does not appease the administrator in us...  

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what type of customization you did. it must be on ABAP system as your JAVA system is not properly installed?

is it not possible to capture these in transport  request and import in new bulid system.

regards,

Meenakshi

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi,

I´m not sure but i´ll ask my colleagues because they did the customization.

regards

nelson

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have just a simple question.

if you tried to install the dual system and its half done means small part of it is installed.

then how will you install the java add on it with same SID?

or how you are uninstalling the java stack without spilting ABAP + JAVA system.

i think above method will be good choice if you wanna to install the standlone alone JAVA system with different SID and integrate it with ABAP.

i am not clear how u can uninstall the JAVA system from dual stack system without spiliting both.

can you guys help me to  understand it.

regards.

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi / Nelson,

Make sense and valid too. (Didnt think in that perspective). I understand your pint - if we restore the DB from the current system , after the restore when you try to import java addin - Again we might inconsistency.

Is that your point? Meenakshi

In that case, The below point will be more appropriate

Step 1 : Preparing a new machine

Step 2 : Export the ABAP stack alone in the current system using system copy tool (Software life cycle option --> system copy --> abap stack)

Step 3 : Install the SAP system and import the database which we exported it with the same SID

Step 4 : Now installing a java addin will make sense

Regards

Vijay

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi,

I think you are getting it wrong, I don´t want to uninstall nothing or split nothing from nothing i just have an inconsistence running system with a lot of customization that i don´t want to lost them and i need help to:

1. Correct the error

2.  Copy all the customization to a new GOOD installation

now tell me how, this is the point

Regards

Nelson\

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

I´m moving to that solution, I´m preparing a new machine now (virtual environment) and them will start with the restore process.

I don´t think the step 2 will be necessary because the new system i´m preparing will complete with all components well Installed with all java components in there.

So the only thing that I´ll need will be the step 3 that it´s import the database from the old system.

So please can you share with me some docs or tips on how to restore or import the database from the old system.

Regards

Nelson\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nelson,

First of all you jumped the gun by starting work on a system not full installed. Secondly what is important is at what stage is the installation struck.Send in the SAPinst installation screenshot !

Regards.

Ruchit

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khushu,

Thank you for you mail, of course i know that i jumped the gun that´s why i´m here looking for walk around because i even open a message with sap and they told me to start from scratch.

The installation stack on the java creating user, because i used a wrong jdk version for the OS  version (2008). The sap support team worked for a week and concluded that the only solutions is to start again.

The point is, i have some customizations there, please the help now is how do i restore it to a new system according with the Vijay recommendation.

Regards

Nelson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did it created J2EE_ADMIN and / SAPJSF in 001 cleint?

if yes put the master password which you gave at the time of installaton in communication user and try to continue...

Still I doubt, it would work as you started the inst as Dual stack , stopped and now you are trying to install java addin.

As you have done some configurations in Abap stack, I would have folllowed following sequence:-

1) Backup Source system --> uninstall the source --> install abap+ java system --> export java schema of target --> restore backup of source --> import java schema (use DB utility as par your DB)

or

2) Build target system as a ABAP system using backup of source system then add java addin.

2nd procedure looks good to me..

Regards,

Vishal

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Thank you for your feedback.

Responding your questions, first is NO, the J2EE_ADMIN and SAPJSF users were not created during the initial setup. I tried to create them after and put the same master password and followed the screen process but it did not went through.

What do you mean with Dual stack?

I have a daily full backup can i build a new system with the same SID and restore all the customizations i have done there? If yes please can you send me more info on how to because this is what i need, i don´t want to lost the customizations done.

NOTE: all the customizations i have done on client 100 and not 001 is it possible to have them all to copy  to a new system?

can you clarify me the options 2 please, with the backup i have i delete complete the system i have and build a new one and restore this?????

Regards

Nelson\

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dual Stack means ABAP+JAVA Stack in one system.

If you've DB backup then certainly you can follow option 2.

You can build the system with same SID. No Problem.

Restoring the backup will ensure you would not loose any of your customization.

I would suggest you to do this on separate H/W, if possible, once you build your system, test it and then you can uninstall / delete the original system.

This would ensure you've original system in case of any problem.

Steps:-

1) Restore the backup on new host.

2) You would need Installation master and SAP Kernel CD, build the target system as ABAP System using system copy with backup / restore method.

3) After ABAP system build, install the java addin as you are doing now.

If you dont have addtional h/w for new system, you need to uninstall the present system.

Thanks,

Vishal

nelson_chamba2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My backup is the one made via tcode db13 these it ok?.

i don´t have another hardware so can i do it on a VMware?

1. Restore the backup - How?

2. I have all the DVDs and now with the correct java sdk that works, i tested on the another machine but has diferent SID and installation completed successfully.

3. I think that step will be necessary

Regards.

Nelson