cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PITesting!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We will be replacing the hardwares where PI sit.  Although it is basis job, just wondering the level of testing we need to do from development perspective.

What are the things that would get affected on this?

What precautions should we take before and after hardware replacement.

Regards

Anandh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

one thing i can immediately think of is with the file scenarios.

if the hardware was earlier on unix and if you are moving to a windows platform or vice versa, check if the file content like Line feeds are affected.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Further to this, we are going to make a dry run of the interfaces by copying our existing PI system into new hardware. Is it fair enough just to take copy of QI system rather than Production system, since I heard that there are many issues when two systems pointing to same server etc issues.

Since PI is not a transactional based system, I assume for testing we can just take a copy of our quality systems.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Anandh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anandh,

I recommend you use Export/Import functionality for all PI development (maintaining proper transport targets in SLD before doing that). That will adjust all your configuration automatically and could save you a lot of work there.

Be careful with validations you have in place and don't forget to put the schemas in the right place again.

Changing hardware is always a big job, you'll have to adjust all hostnames in all systems pointing to your PI system, and that can be quite a lot. Not to speak of settings on PI itself. So, testing everything or at least all adapters and functionalities at least once is advisable.

Good luck!

Jörg

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to above, Please check like in case of file scenarios example whether scripts are placed in the right directory path, file directory path, disk mounting(if any), permission for the files to be executed (any change), authentication issues on the system level and so.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>What are the things that would get affected on this?

as per every SP/EHP1 update you should run all regression tests again just to make sure that all sensitive interfaces are working, you should not limit that to the platform related only - in my opinion

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk