cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a query from billing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Im a newbie user of SAP ecc6.0. i've been using SAP Business One for the past 5 years. Im not whether this is the right channel to ask. But is there any way that i can create a sql query to call out tables or field? If yes, where can i easily create this?

Appreciate from the experts advice.

Thanks.
Harith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Harith,

SQL directly accesses the database.  SAP ECC generally does not permit direct access to the database via SQL, without creating custom programs in ABAP.

Luckily, there are tables at the application level that will certainly support your needs.  The table browsers are SE16 / SE16N / SE17.

SAP also supports a rudimentary report writer at the application level which allows simple relations to be built between tables to produce more complex report results.  The transaction is called SAP Query, and can be accessed through transactions SQ01 / SQ02 / SQ03.  There is a quicker version SQVI.

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVQUE/BCSRVQUE.pdf

Of course, before attempting any of these methods, one should first see if the SAP standard reports can meet the requirements.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi bro Dogboy,

Thanks a lot dude! This is a great help..I shall to explore from here..& also thanks for the handouts..will try them & ask further questions if needed..

Thanks again!
Harith

Answers (0)