Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 or EHP - Need to find out

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I got access to an ABAP system and would like to know whether its ECC 6.0 or EHP4.

Please let me know where can we find it out in the system... any transzaction code?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

It is very easy to found out on your own. Let me explain the first, For every sap installation we need basic of three components. They are SAP_BASIS,SAP_ABA,SAP_BW. The version of these component decides your sap Version.

The other components decides your functionality. Let consider your organization need to implement HR and Logistics, you need to implement the component SAP_APPL ( For Logistics and FI ) and  and SAP_HR ( For HR ) so the system turns to ECC.If say you have SAP_BASIS as 600 then you are in ECC 6.0 and if you have 604 then you are in ECC 6.0 EHP 4. ( Also refer the attached image )

Similarly if you install the component as SRM the system turns to SRM server not ECC.

Hope it helps and appreciate me if it is useful.

Let me know if you have any queries.

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As I mentioned in the previous post, the level of below components are

SAP_BASIS    702

SAP_ABA       702

SAP_BW        702

Does it mean my system is ECC 7.0 EHP4

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

There is nothing like ECC 7.0 out asof now. Yours is ECC EHP5 as it is one that goes with with NW 702. The components SAP_BASIS and SAP_ABA as also SAP_BASIS tell you about NW release. SAP_APPL will tell you about your ECC release. if it is 605 then you have an EHP5 system.

Please remember ECC runs on NW platform.ECC EHP5 runs on NW 7.02 platform. This is very basic.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry..I have not been in a good touch with ABAP system for the last 3.5 years.Finally I handled ECC 6.0 SR2 only..

Former Member
0 Kudos

My point was this this sort of information is the basic structurual info of how SAP systems work and we can get easily on marketplace.

Anyways to cut it short based on info provided urs in ECC 6.0 EHP5 system.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

No issues you can find out the way how to find the system version,

It is very easy to found out on your own. Let me explain the first, For every sap installation we need basic of three components. They are SAP_BASIS,SAP_ABA,SAP_BW. The version of these component decides your sap Version.

The other components decides your functionality. Let consider your organization need to implement HR and Logistics, you need to implement the component SAP_APPL ( For Logistics and FI ) and  and SAP_HR ( For HR ) so the system turns to ECC.If say you have SAP_BASIS as 600 then you are in ECC 6.0 and if you have 604 then you are in ECC 6.0 EHP 4. ( Also refer the attached image )

Similarly if you install the component as SRM the system turns to SRM server not ECC.

Hope it helps and appreciate me if it is useful.

Let me know if you have any queries.

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for all your valuable replies...closing this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the useful information.I need to know what diffrences the ehp5  bring as compared to ecc6 if you are using only for practice?

Will the transaction codes, tables will be diffrent?

Regards

Naresh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agreed with paul.

For your reference attaching the pcitorial represenatation as well. System --> status --> comp Info

Regards

Vijay

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I could see the following as software components

SAP_BASIS    702

PI_BASIS        702

ST_PI              702

SAP_BW         702

SAP_HRCAR   604

SAP_HRCAT    604

SAP_HRCAU    604

SAP_HRCBE   604

Please tell me the version..

Thanks in advance

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

As they are release 604, then the system does has EHP4 deployed.

regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

You are now in EHP4

In addition Can you check SAP_APPL component as well?

Regards

Vijay

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP_APPL component level is 605

Is there any program or function module to check the system version?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

In this case, I would say Generally you have an EHP5 system in place and for HR component you are using EHP4 level.

Indeed, For HR component the latest level is 604. So, I would say you are running in the EHP5 system.

Regards

Vijay

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

SP Level of an ERP system is determined by its application component i.e. SAP_APPL and EA-APPL

as you have SAP_APPL5 then you appear to be on EHP5.

paul_power
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

When logged onto abap system, go to System - status (at menu at top of screen)

It will show in Component version and also if you click on the magnriying glass under component version (title component information) you will see the list of support packages installed.

If they show as ...604 for components installed, then you know these are EHP4.

Best regards,

Paul