cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI ABAP 7.0/7.01 interoperability with BI JAVA 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like to ask if someone already had a scenario of connecting BI ABAP 7.0/7.01  with BI JAVA 7.3,

I've read several notes and System landscape recommendations but there is no sentence saying that this won't work and at same moment there is no sentence saying that it will work.

We want to make use of BEx and broadcasting,

I found one document which mentions something like release and SP dependencies here: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70b3f2c0-cbea-2b10-ef9e-90f61c39c...

but again I don't have any confirmation from SAP guys,

I hope some SAP guys will respond to this post.

thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Wrong Forum

Hi

Please note that you have posted into the wrong forum and I have therefore moved the thread.

The Business Intelligence Solution Architecture is for SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform and SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI products

Thanks and Regards
Roland Hoeller

Forum Moderator

Jnouwen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Kairat,

I was investigating the same topic. I found note 1645590 that says:

"Starting with Stack 6 of SAP NetWeaver 7.01 the dependency between SAP NW BW (ABAP) and SAP NW BI JAVA is more flexible.

In general it is possible that the BW (ABAP) System is updated independently of the BI JAVA System, e.g. BW 7.01 can use BI Java 7.01 but also BI Java 7.30. The other way round is also possible, e.g. BI Java 7.01 can be used with BW ABAP 7.01 but also with BW ABAP 7.02 or BW ABAP 7.30.

These combinations are supported.

It is strongly recommended to use SPs which are up-to-date (on Java - and APAB as well)."

Best regards.