cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection between BPMN and Web Dynpro Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a freshman and currently working on an old project with Web Dynpro (java) and BPMN. Unfortunately the one who built the project is gone... so I have noone to ask and I found nothing in the web so far.

My question:

Is there a way to find out which BPMN-task is connected to which Web Dynpro view / app / component?

As far as I know you can create a relating component while creating a new task, but I couldn't find out where this information is stored and to be seen afterwards.

Thanks for your kind support.

Regards

Jana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandipAgarwalla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jaya

To find which WDJava component is connected to a TASK, you need to open the Task properties, go to Overview table -> User Interface

You should refer to this started doc on BPM ~ WD Java

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/307336b8-098c-2d10-be9c-d41ae345f...

Hope this helps.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the fast answer!

I also just found out where the the relating user interface is to be seen (guess I was blind).

<old question>

In my own testcase there's accurately written down:

someComponent [someComponentInterfaceView] - vendor/product/devcomp

But in the old project ther seems to be a rather strange description... It looks like:

vendor.product.devcompkindofuserrole.WDComponentName -

vendor/product/devcomp

There's no space or dot between vendor.product.devand kindofuserrole in the field.

I found the relating Web Dynpro Component (>>WDcomponentName), but kindofuserrole sounds like a user role, I found no corresponding View or InterfaceView name.

In other words, there are several InterfaceViews that begin with the kindofuserrole , but which of them is connected to this task?

Is there any other locastion where the corresponding View or Component is stored? Or does anyone understand this field's content?

Now I found the package written down in the field "User Interface"! It really has been a "normal" package name. Strangely it only was shown in the Package Explorer, though it consists of a lot of Views (as Java-files). But in my Process- or Web Dynpro-View it was not to find.

Thanks a lot though... so it really was a problem of finding sources in an old project.... and a problem of too less experience of mine.

Regards

Jana

Message was edited by: Jana Neujahr