cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is solution manager reconfiguration is required if migration is done for sattelite systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am going to install the solman 7.1 with MSSQL.

Currently all satellite systems (ERP, BW, PORTAL) are running with Oracle database. Client is planned to migrate all satellite systems from Oracle to MSSQL due to some situations.

My doubt is if I am done solman system installation now with MSSQL server and perform the Managed system (ERP, BW, PORTAL running with Oracle) configurations in Solman system,

Later all satellite (Managed) systems are migrated to MSSQL server, and then also I need to perform the all managed system configurations once again in solman.

Regards,

Lingareddy.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, it is required since the Managed System Configuration will execute several configurations in the Solution Manager and the Managed System, for example: Extractors, they are different for Oracle and MSSQL. If you don't re-execute you will have inconsistent data or insufficient. Moreover, you will certainly have errors being thrown for the old extractors and also you will have issues if you change IP address, if you reinstall or move agents... etc... it is always better to re-execute since it is rather simple

and painless.

Regards,

Guilherme

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't think reconfiguration is required for Solution Manager, but you will have to perform Managed system configuration steps again.

Best Regards

Saurabh

FCI

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apart from mananged system configuration, you can check your satelite systems in solman SLD, to ensure new DB info is reflected.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang