cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To create credit memo without referance to invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !!!

Is it possible to create a credit memo without referance to sales order  ?

if "yes" need to know what are the diffrent ways ??

got a query and looking forward the solution ..

please suggest.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kammy,

Credit Memo (BIlling Doucment) can only be created with reference to Credit Memo Request (Sales Doucment).

Credit Memo Request (Sales Document) can be created without reference to previous Doucment if required as suggested above, but it is generally not recommended.

If you want to give a lumpsum credit to Customer without reference to particular Sales Documents or without reference to Material, then you should do it from FI Side. You can search in FI Forum on how to create Customer Credit Memo from FI Side.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jignesh,

Unfortunately you are incorrect with the below:

Credit Memo (BIlling Doucment) can only be created with reference to Credit Memo Request (Sales Doucment).

Credit memo can be created with reference to Invoice and from Credit memo request.

A nice diagram in below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/dd/561076545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/content.htm

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Is it possible to create a credit memo without referance to sales order  ?

The answer to this question is YES...but more information should be supplemented.

e.g. Credit memo can not be created by itself. There has to be a reference document (either billing document, or credit memo request or............)

Credit memo (G2) is a billling type just like F2 or F1 etc.

TW:

Is it possible to create a credit memo without reference to sales order  ?

The answer to this question is NO

Comment: With credit memo your company is giving money, always "proper" referencing (either reference to order or billing document) is advisable and maybe necessary.

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

I want ask One Question If U dont Mind,

What is that ,Is there any Possibility to Create Credit Memo with reference to Credit Memo Request?

For this ,We can do that But which Scenarios/what time will create like that please Give an Example.

actually ,we will create Credit Memo with reference to Sales order or else Invoice Because If company to pay some amount for customer in this case actually take with reference sales order or invoice to Customer,With out reference sales order or invoice, how to pay amount to customer? what baesd on this is done.Please Put some inputs on this

Naren K

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Narendra,

Is your question:

Give an example of credit process for the process steps: Credit memo request > Credit memo?

(Credit memo request is without any reference)

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TW,

Thanks for replying for my query,what my query is ,we can create credit memo with reference to Credit memo request but with out that is possible? how and in which scenarios we create this. please give me some inputs

Naren K

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

billing document (F2 billing type) > credit memo (G2 billing type)

The above is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Credit memo can be created with reference to a credit memo request( which is not an invoice). This is a standard functionality. Same way you can use a sales order as reference. Do the settings as Bojja said and check

regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

sorry.. i think i read the question wrongly.

As TW said, we need to have a reference to create a Credit memo. Else it should be created from FI side.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Else it should be created from FI side.

Could you please explain in more detail how FI creates a credit memo?

Thank you!

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

As u said rightly no need of any document without reference also u can create the credit me memo request just need to remove the mandatory field in the document type

Only the sold to party is required to give the credit memo

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

From FI side they can put an entry using F-02. But there will not be any reference to any materials etc

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish ,

That is ture that the need material however no need of any billing or Sales document number as such my knowledge

Regards

Ramesh

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

normally create credit memo , with reference to invoice , but some times you make a credit memo , with out invoice reference  credit memo create ,

you make a order type here  check the field  reference mandatory  field maintain blank , then you create the with out reference create credit memo ,

please check this