cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADS Connection without Adobe Licence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help. I am trying to setup ADS connection without Adobe Licence. How can i create ADS Destination in SM59.

Thanks

Sandya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandya,

You ( or your BASIS person) will have to setup the ADS connection (RFC connection of type HTTP connection to external server) for which you need the Adobe Document Services to be working on the JAVA server (this can be the same server as your EP).

You can always run the below reports to check if ADS is setup correctly (after your RFC is created) from SE38:

FP_PDF_TEST_00: This report will give you the version information for ADS (eg. pop-up: Version Information: 802.20090618120017.572641)

FP_TEST_00 : This report will generate a Adobe form (offline) which you can check in print preview to confirm the availability of ADS services.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Gaurav Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandya,

Sadly, I'm not answering your question. But even I have the same requirement. If you get the solution for that, please do let me know too.

Rgrds,

Santhosh..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh

I am trying to create Off-line Adobe forms. I want to display the standard Forms and its not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandya,

Actually, for Phase Approval, to get the standard Adobe Approval Form I need ADS. Guess both of us have the same requirement. Answer for your question might help me as well.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

amit_maheshwari2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Both,

Please check with your basis team if ADS service is up and running and connected to PPM server.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Reply Amit.

I am trying to create the Offline Adobe Forms. do i really need to create the  ADS Connection not Adobe Sever. Can you please tell me how can i view the PDF Forms without using the Adobe Sever. is there any settings that i need to do.

Thanks