cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up for Periodic Partial Settlement of SD Rebate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does someone know how to set up SD rebate agreement master for periodic partial settlement in ECC6.0?

I read sap help below, but I can't find any view to maintain partial settlement condition (Period, rate) in rebate agreement.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm40/helpdata/en/31/42d5fae65211d199e10000e8a5bd28/content.htm

I need,

- Fix 3% rebate at every month end.

- Final settlement with scale, consider all sales during period and pay only difference from amount already paid.

Regards,

Saya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayako,

This setting needs to be made at Rebate agreement type level in configuration using tcode VB(2.

Under Manual payment Section following needs to be made

Payment procedure - "A" Payment allowed upto accruals value

Partial Settlement - B3 or suitable document type for credit memo request

Settlement period - Suitable Calendar name here (Define a new calendar in such a way that only the last business day is a working day; this will help identifying the settlement date as the month end)

You can actually fix/give the rate of accrual as 5% in the rebate condition record and the rate will be accrued at 5% and the same can paid at every month end a partial settlement.

The final settlement will happen according to the scales you give in the condition record.

Thanks

Thiagu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Thiagu,

Thank you for your reply.

I still have problem with following requirement we have;

(Sorry for lack of information in previous post)

Partial Settlement : 3%

Final Settlement : 2 - 6% (Scale)

Accrual: 6% (Maximum of possible rebate %)

Can we not able to set partial settlement amount with different % from accrual?

Regards,

Saya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saya,

You will be able to do a partial settlement with a desired amount. The partial settlement amount need not match with the accruals. Accruals are just for our reference only. When you click "Pay" (Create Manual Rebate payment), the next step will prompt you with an option to key in your desired amount "Amt.to be paid" and there will also be "Max.amount" (just to know how much is the maximum accrual at this point of time"). You can choose to key in a lower amount than the one shown in "Max.amount".

When you save this will create a credit memo request for the amount you key in here.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Thiagu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thiagu,

So in that way still we have to manually calculate rebate amount for partial settlement.

Is there any way to set 3% as partial settlement rate (not accrual or final settlement rate) in condition master in advance and let system calculate at each month end?

Regards,

Saya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saya,

In Standard SAP, there can only be 2 rates.One is the accrual rate and the other is the final settlement rate.

If you want to pay customer 3% as partial settlement every month, I would suggest you to maintain your rate of accrual as 3% in the condition record and schedule the program RV15C001 (with a suitable variant of your choice) at month end to automate the same. This will make sure every month 3% will be paid as partial settlement and your final settelment (difference between final settlement rate and the total partial settlements made till date) will happen according to the scales.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

Thiagu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thiagu,

I will suggest biz users to set 3% for accrual.

If they still need to separate rate of accrual and partial settlement, I will ask them to calculate partial rebate amount by hand. Their implementation purpose is real-time accrual, so still it would satisfy their requirement.

Thank you very much for your support!!!

Saya

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Setting acruals rate 3% when the max rate from scale is 6% is not best option from business point of view. The purpose of accruals is to be prepared for future payment and as the customer increases the sales volume, it is more likely that the amount to be paid to customer each month will insrease. In this case if you only accure according to the lowest rate, the next mont you need to take money also for the amount to be paid as the higher scale rate is acheived, so it likely you will have to pay 4% whereae you accured only 3%. Then the issue is the finance deparment is suprised with the additional money to be given comparing to what is accured - not the best option, actually.

If the forecast of customer sales is the max rate will be reached according to scale, the settings in VB(2 should be allow partial payment up to proforma settlement (the amount calculated based on current rate according to scale taking into account current sales volume), setting accruals at the max rate and in the rebate agreement put settlmenet period calendar AM.

Regards,

Marcin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you marcin,

I will try with this setting. We still need to manually calculate partial payment amount with fixed percentage other than accrual rate nor final settlement rate and overwrite system suggested value at payment screen, am I correct?

Regards,

Saya

Answers (0)