cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trace level logging

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys,

Recently we had many issues with trace level changing in SM50 resulted space issues and night mare to us.

we couldnt find the user who changed it and when ?. checked in dev_w files as the trace level was set to 3 and difficult to find the user ,it contains redutant data.

In future if somebody changed the trace level i need to find out the user  is there any way to find out.?

Regards,

Sreenivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Just to add to Sven , you can use STAD and STATTRACE t-code for some details analysis.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivas,

i don't know if there is a way which shows you who changed the trace level but for the beginning you could list all users who started SM50.

To get this overview start the transaction ST03N.

In the left window you choose Workload -> <YOUR INSTANCE> -> Day

Now you choose the day when the trace level was changed an double klick on it.

In the window down below you find the "Analysis Views" with the entry "Transaction Profile" -> "Standard". Here you find all transactions wich were executed on this day.

Now you look for SM50 in the list and double click on it. Here you find all users who started the SM50 on the specified date but without accesstime.

Optional you can start the "Detailed Analysis"-> "Business Transaction Analysis". You find this menu entry down below "Workload" also in the ST03N.

Double Click opens a new window were you can specify detailed criterias for your results.

Now you can define the date and the time were your trace level was changed and you can filter the results for the transaction SM50.

Now you've got a list with "possible suspects"

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Sven