cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leave approval application for mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client has implemented work flow for leave approval and process is done through ESS/MSS.

I am creating an RFC to access the universal worklist of a manager that will be sent to manager's mobile. I need your help in writing the RFC.

I believe I can use the function SAP_WAPI_WORKLIST_CREATE to get work flow id for a manger. Please corrrect me here.

But I am not able to get the leave details for which this work flow was triggered. I mean details for a work flow id. Please let me know how can I relate this work flow id to request id of leave and get details (PERNR, Name, Absence type, days etc.).

Secondly what would be the best function module to approve/reject the leave from mobile. I am currently looking at PT_ARQ_REQUEST_EXECUTE. This will change the leave status to approved. But the problem I anticipate is that this will leave the work flow open. Is there any way to update the workflow also.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you going to develop WF inbox application for manager?

When leave request was created workflow has been triggered.

So you should get workitem id and get BOR object and get detail for BOR to show in approval UI.

SAP_WAPI_CREATE_WORKLIST

You can filter by IM_TASK_FILTER for leave request approval task ID.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it will not be an inbox application, it will be separate application that will display list of approvals.

Yes, I am getting workitem id using SAP_WAPI_CREATE_WORKLIST and filter. But I don't know how to get the leave details associated with this ID. Can you explain about the BOR you just mentioned how can I use that.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please look at SAP_WAPI_GET_OBJECTS. This gets leave request object id from workflow container.

BTW, SAP has standard app - SAP HR Approval mobile app. Manager can approve leave request and time sheet.

http://www.sap.com/solutions/technology/enterprise-mobility/mobile-application-solutions-finder.epx?...