cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customizing billing rules SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! Could someone please tell me is that possible to customize the billing rules in SD? Situation is that we need to create a billing plan with 2 dates.

The 1st one is the date of the expected acceptance certificate - so we need to create a proforma at full price. Existing billing rules are not suitable for this purpose. The 2nd date is the date of closing invoice. So the first position should represent statistical figures and the second - real ones. Is that possible to customize somehow?

Any answer will be higly appreciated.

Thanks.

Svetlana K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I think this may be achievable the scenario does not really seem so complex. In first billing Plan you can maintain Pro Forma invoice. and 2nd billing plan date closing invoice as normal. I think the configuration you may need to look at is the billing Relevancy of your item category in VOV7. In my experience sometimes the standard configuration does not always work out as wanted so you need to find alternative ways in solving your issue. Ex: In my previous problem I was facing issues with Down Payment Request using billing Rule 4, I managed to get my outcome using billing rule 1. Look into Billing relevancy D or L in your item category.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sveta,

What is happening on the 2nd date when you "close" invoice? Do you post it ?

And please provide some more details on "So the first position should represent statistical figures and the second - real ones" ?

regards,

удачи

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Go to spro --sales and distribution ----billing ---billing plan.proceed one by one for creation of billing plan.

for your case you must opt for periodic billing maintain the entries for this billing plan .

Make changes in biling plan  step by step so that you can observe the resut as per your requirement. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer! But still it is not what I wanted unfortunately.

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Not Active Contributor

0 Kudos

Hello Svetlana,

Firstly , create the "Rule table for Date Determination" using OVBS.

Secondly, In OVBI - create the billplantype, then in billing plan "the origin of general data" column create  start date ,End date.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,
Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer, Jagan! But I've seen that transactions and I'm afraid it's not what i'm looking for. I need somehow create new billing rule, that determines the value to be billed, e.g. like the rules 4,5 (down payments).