cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM as a kit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

A customer wants to sell a group of their products as a kit, with a lower price than buying everything separately. I tried to go with a BOM, but the characteristics should be a mix between the two standard types: the header level should have the price and relevant for billing since the BOM should have a special price different from the sum of the components' price, but the internal costs and inventory should be at component level, since the header is just a way to group products.

I've already created the material record for the header and the BOM for such material, and so far I could create a sales order which use the header price and a delivery of such order which took the materials from the components' stock. What I can't create is the invoice, since it shows the price of the header at 0.

These are some of the configurations I used:

-The material record for header level has category group ERLA

-The material records for component level have category group NORM

-The item category for header level is TAQ, which is relevant for billing, determinates price, has scheduled lines and is configured to have BOM explosion

-The item category for component level is TANN, which is relevant for billing, doesn't determinate price, has scheduled lines and determinates internal cost.

-In VOV4 the configuration is OR - ERLA - TAQ - TANN

Please let me know if there is anything else I do to explain the problem.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Federico.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

Try the following setup and see if this works for you.

• Make custom "Z" item and schedule line categories for your header line
  • Check "Order qty = 1" in the item category
  • Remove the movement type in the schedule line category

This will ensure your header line will always be 1 and help calculating net value. Same time there will not be any movement type/PGI for that line.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks

Thiagu

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there any specific reason for designing the process as 'ERLA - TAQ - TAN'....against the standard process of    'ERLA - TAQ - TAE'    or    ' LUMF - TAP - TAN'?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

The item categories for the BOM components should be relevant for billing, be bussines items and also have to determinate internal costs. Those standards you mentioned can't apply in this scenario because I need the BOM components only to not determine price, but they should be in every else during the process.

Also, the item category configuration is ERLA-TAQ-TANN.

Thank you very much.

Federico.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Lakshmipathi,

In the Analysis button it shows that a condition record was found for the BOM header, which is the one I manually created to test the whole workflow. What I can't understand is why it doesn't show in the condition tab, under "condition value" column.

Please let me know what else can I check.

Thank you very much.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

which is the one I manually created

Not sure, whether it is created before creation of sale order or after creation of sale order.  Nevertheless, do one more check as follows:-

1)  In the condition tab, select this header condition type and click on "Condition rec."

2)  Secondly, for the same condition type, click on blue lens at the bottom left and paste the screen shots for both the tabs "Condition values" and "Control data"

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The price condition was created before the sales order, so that the sales order could use that record.

I hope these are the screens I had to show:

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From the attached screen shot, I could see the condition base value is zero.  It should have been some quantity there based on which, net value will flow.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see. I checked the delivery and the components were picked but not the header item, that's why I don't have anything to bill the customer for.

So, I need a header position that can be delivered because of the billing copy control configuration (bill from delivery), but my header item doesn't have quantity because it's not a physical item. How could I achieve this?

Again, thank you very, very much for your time and patience. You are being really helpful.

Federico.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please update here after clicking the "Analysis" button in the condition tab of that billing document what system shows.

G. Lakshmipathi