cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Recipe Get Details: No recipe in system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been using the PI-PCS interface with tRFC for a while. Now for our certification we want to use also the BAPI's.

I use a setup with BizTalk Server 2004, and an adapter. Proxies are generated with the .NET connector, and are the engine to make it all run.

Calling the list of control recipes works fine.

When I want to use the BAPI_CONTROL_RECIPE_REQUEST to read one control recipe, the system comes back with ... <b>no control recipe in system</b>. When I do run the BAPI in test mode, with the same parameters, I see nicely a list of control recipes from which I than can run the BAPI_CONTROL_RECIPE_REQUEST, and I obtain the desired recipe.

Anyone has a working example of this?

I am struggling to get this going - I can only suspect that somewhere my querry gets narrowed down from my outside BAPI call, while that is not the case with the test from within SAP?

Being new to the BAPI calls, is there a way to to see how the outside call is handled?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Stephan Van Dijck

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This may or may not apply, but one thing to look out for is that when you are testing with the RFC test tool, SAP will sometimes pull in default values that are not populated if you call the same RFC from an external system.

This might apply to your example below if the BAPI that is coming back with the <b>no control recipe in system</b> is being called from an external system.