SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFAB issue

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello FM's gurus

I've got a problem with the tcode AFAB.

Situation:

• Account Assignment Elements
    • Fund and Functional Area are ACTIVE
  • BLANK as Value for Account Assignment Elements
    • Do NOT allow to any element.
  • Integration with Asset Accounting (I had already read it)
    • I use the function module FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET

I have a doubt with the transaction of depreciation.

When we run the transaction AFAB, and we see (through the FMDERIVE's trace) the data that takes BCS, it happens that does not bring the asset as master data. Why does this happen?

I created a rule to bypass the functional area derived from the asset master data.
But does not work properly., If during the execution of the AFAB, BCS will not take the master data.

Do you understand me?

Please advice.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Oswald

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oswald,

I guess, it won't because the posting of depreciation is not done on the asset level in FI, but summarized by asset class.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lopez

Can you provide more detals on this. What is the exct issue?

Also let me know derivation rule objects.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hello Rao, thanks for replay.

If we didn't allow BLANK input at Account Assignment Elements, we would need to "derive" Functional Area from Assets's DM.  And this is my issue. With the AFAB, BCS does not execute the function module FMDT_READ_MD_ASSET because the system does not bring the asset's DM.

Right now, we've got the F6841 error.

Eli wrote:

I guess, it won't because the posting of depreciation is not done on the asset level in FI, but summarized by asset class.

If you are correct, we are in the oven. (LOL)

So we will do new derivation rules to "derive" functional area considering the asset classes, won't we?

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos

Hi Lopez

Eli is correct, depreciation will be posted based on Asset class not asset wise. In addition to that if we want to derive cost center to fund center then based Asset master cost center system derive fund center. But derivation rule has to be maintained (Asset Master Cost center to Fund center).

It good to maintain new derivation rules for deriving the Functinal area.

Thanks for the information...

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

I'm afraid so You can restrict this new rule in away that it will be active only during depreciation (document type, for example)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oswald,

Regards,

Eli

CesarCarreno
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Osvaldo do you need to update FM with the depreciation info? It is not usual, if it is not necessary just assing a commitment item with financial transaction 50 to this operation in a derivation step.

Regards

César

0 Kudos

Hello Cesar, I understood that it wasn't usual.

Thanks for the advice.

Regards,

Oswald