cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BULK DELETION OF RECORDS THROUGH IM

0 Kudos

Dear All,

Is there any way to delete several number of record through Import Manager.

We can delete a record one by one through IM, by using DELETE option in Destination items tab.

Can we somehow use replace option for this ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi singh,

there is no multiple delete option as such.  But you can use filtering criteria. You can filter unwanted records. suppose there are 50 records having material type rubber and plastic, so by choosing rubber in filtering criteria, you can prohibit the importing of records containing rubber as material type.

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

The best way to delete mass is through import manager after filtering the records, this process is already proved and I have experienced in my project. Else in DM by selecting mass records and delete, for this of course the "delete multiple records" access should be provided.

Thanks,

Sima

0 Kudos

Dear All, Thanks for all the replies..... The idea was to delete the records without updating any status or so..... otherwise DM option as mentioned above is best one.... can we do it without updating any field for the records....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

If you have any field in your solution which will hold some unique value(or may be 2-3 different values where filter could be applied) for only those records which you want to delete and some other value for the records which you do not want to delete, then you can use the workaround described using filtering of records. Otherwise easiest way would be using Data Manager. Kindly let me know if your query has been solved. Thank you.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Kindly update/close this thread if your query has been resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

As explained by Nitish and Prateek, Filtering records will help you delete data in bulk from MDM repository. But you would have to choose following workaround:

There should be some field in your table which contains the status of the record like 'required' or 'to be deleted'. So records which needs to be deleted, should be set to value 'to be deleted' and all other records could be in any other status.

Then while importing the record, you should select this status field as your Matching field and filter it for value 'to be deleted'. Once match records is done, as explained by Prateek, two additional match class/match type combinations will appear in the Default Import Actions grid.

Filtered/Source

Filtered/Destination

Then for the Match Type - Destination, select Default Import Action as "Delete".

Under Import Status tab, hit Execute Import .

Then it will delete all the records from the data manager which are having value for Status field as 'to be deleted'.

I hope this helps you. Kindly try this and let me know the results.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

former_member193350
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

As mentioned by nitish filtering is the correct method of deleting the records. What basically  the feature we get through filtering is that it not only used for deleting the  bulk records from Source but also from from destination i.e. data manager.

When you use record filtering, two additional match class/match type combinations are enabled in the Default Import Actions grid.

1. Filtered/Source

2. Filtered/Destination.

Just select the matching fields and set the filter on the matching fields.

Hope you are clear.

Regards

Prateek Agarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjeet,

Can you please explain your requirement scenario?

Through Import Manager you will be able to replace the record as such but it will delete the record as a whole and then create new record which will have values for only those fields which are used in Matching Fields Option. To do so, you need to set the Default Import Action as "Replace" in Matching Records tab. Then you can delete those new records through Data Manager itself using suitable search criteria.

Through Import Manager, you would be able to delete multiple records but you have to manually select "Delete" option for each matching destination records.

So as a workaround you can choose one field in your table and using import map, set some dummy value like "delete" in that.

Then you can go to Data Manager and in free form search, set filter for all the records containing value "delete" for that field. Then you can select all the records in search results and simply delete through Data Manager itself. It is manual work but easiest way to delete the records in single go.

Kindly let me know if you are looking for the same solution or your requirement is different.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj