cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practical Problems with Automated Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo everybody,

we are using the automated monitoring in GRC Process Control 10.0 for a customer and have a problem with the job sceduler. Our control comprised to check some parameter in the tethered systems. We will get the most effective security, if the job will be runing every day. Unfortunately we could'n scedule it as a daily control for the complete year. The system gives us the error message:  "Test periods exceed half year limit for Daily frequency."

So the only way is to scedule the jobs every half a year. But: The bigger the control set, the more effort for the job sceduling, the less is the cost savings through GRC PC.

In this case we have got two questions:

1) Is it possible to change this error into a longer period...like a year?

2) If it's not: Is there a possibility to copy the jobs that our customer key users don't have to repeat the complete 5 steps to scedule a job? The new job will only change by the jobname and the test period.

Kind regards

Timo Ritter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even with or without the configuration for 'daily'  the error appears if the test period exceeds 6 months. The best option is to define two schedules for first and second 6 months respectively.

Regards

KSolaiappan

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

1. How you are trying.Is this what you are trying ? its allowed:

2. I dont think, we can copy the job like we do in planner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajeshwari,

excellent, but your picture is from Version GRC PC 3.0. Is it possible that the function works at PC 3.0 and don't work at PC 10.0? We don't maintain controls in the 3.0 part. We just have 10.0 controls. First picture: the two different links, second picture: our error message

Thanking you in anticipation

Regards Timo

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

It is possible to schedule the job Daily for a longer period like "Year".

Can you please check the  document available in the below mentioned link to compare if you have followed all the steps correctly.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-19608

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silky,

thanks for the document but we know it and in the 72 pages are for the sceduler just page 32 and 33. The installation and the steps before (data source, business rules, ...) are no problem. Everything works well. Also if I choose weekly or anything else. It is also possible to work with the daily sceduling but just in a period of six month.

Rajeshwari und you convice me that it is possible, but we have this error message. We have it in our own System (Sandbox) and we have it also in our three customer systems. So it must be the SAP standard. Currently I'm convinced that it is a customizing adjustment. Where can I change this adjustment?

Regards Timo

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

Daily timeframe is system defined and to schedule the job for Daily from 01.01.2012 to 31.12.2012 (in 10.0 version), you need to define a new frequecny and timeframe as follows:

1. go to SPRO->Governance, Risk and Compliance->General Settings->Key Attributes->Maintain Timeframe Frequencies

Define daily frequency

2.and define the Daily Timeframe:

SPRO->Governance, Risk and Compliance->General Settings->Key Attributes->Maintain Timeframes

Now  you get two two Daily Frequencies while shcduling the job, make sure you select the newly defined frequency.

I tried and its allowing to schedule the job.

regards,

Rajeshwari

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TImo,

Please make sure you have defined the "Daily" frequency corectly in spro.

It seems that the frequency is defined for half year there(ie from 01.01 to 30.06).

The path you follow to check the same.

SPRO->Governance, Risk and Compliance->General Settings->Key Attributes->Maintain Timeframes.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshwari,

thanks for your good answer, but I think I did anything wrong.

Look at my timeframe:

It looks like yours, but at my system it didn't work like I expected. If I scedule a job with the SAP standard timeframe "daily" for one month, I get 30 jobsteps. So, I sceduled a daily Job with the new timeframe "daily control" for the complete year and I just get 1 jobstep. I have expected that I get 365 jobsteps. Round about 200 "completed" and the rest with status "new". What did I wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Regards Timo

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

The frequency that shows up in the job creation is the one that you maintained in the spro through

SPRO->Governance, Risk and Compliance->General Settings->Key Attributes->Maintain Timeframes Frequencies.

Can you please share a screenshot of that as well as it looks there is some inconsistency in the timeframe and frequency.

First we define the timeframe frequency and then we maintain its detail under Timeframe.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Silky, I thought that it would be enough information if I give you the screenshot of the timeframes because I couldn't define a timeframe if I had already defined a frequency.

So here it is:

But I think this table is just for the description in the job sceduler. The problem should be in the table with the timeframes. But I think I did it correct. I couldn't get the solution.

"Daily= daily control" was made by myself.

Regards Timo

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

Can you please check at the time of creating the job, what the timeframe of the scheduler shows you at the top.

Regards,

Silky

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is also correct. But there is an good indicator. Normaly I work with the german version. For OSS and the SCN community I work with the english one. Everything is in english, but this part is still german?!?!

But it could be a good way: May be it is the customizing of the time? Where do the GRC know, what a year is? May be there is the year defined as semi-year?

(The example is made with the standard timeframe)

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

The way we are defining the daily frequency is wrong.

As you can see that in standard provided by SAP, the months , quater , half year are defined seperately.Lets take example of quater - Quater 1 says from Month 1 to Month 3 so quater 2 ,3 and 4.

The frequancy we are defining ie from 01.01 to 31.12 is of Year not Daily thats why system is generating only one jobstep for the same.

Defining "daily" frequency in spro is very long procedure ie you have to define 365 lines say Day 1(01.01 - 01.01), day 2 (02.02-02.02) so till 31.12 thats why you cant see it in the standard spro settings .It is defined in the standard code which is directly updating the database table.

This means if you want to define customized Daily then the same 365 lines need to be maintained in the spro.

Hope I am able to explain the reason.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silky,

I get the gist with the 365 lines for the daily timeframe.

And this is the understandable reason why the standard timeframe for daily is written in a standard code.

Thank you very much for that.

But there is still my question at first:

Why is that standard code constricted for a half year?

I don't know if your system is able to generate 365 job steps for one sceduled control, but our 5 systems don't do it. Every system has this error message which you could see on the attached  pictures in the mails before.

Is it possible to change this standard code for a complete year? (Prospective Service Pack, SAP note or anything else)

Because I don't want to generate 365 lines in that table (I'm lazy ) and I have got a problem with leap years.

Our customer wants to plan his controls just one time a year.

Regards

Timo Ritter

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

I am happy to hear that at least the issue with one job created for your customized "Daily" timeframe is resolved by the explanation.

I cannot commit here that will/when the standard code can be changed.

But for that I would strongly suggest you to raise a CSS then the GRC experts can check the concern in the system and do the needful as required.

Hope I am able to help you someway

Regards,

Silky