Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where we can release PGI Blocked documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd experts

i have doubts pl let me know

1. we can release order document in VKM3 which is blocked due to credit and we can release delivery documents in VKM5

But where we can release PGI Blocked documents ?

2..from where we can get deleted sales orders nos ?

thank you so much for your support

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But where we can release PGI Blocked documents ?

If your query is though credit management is not activated but still a delivery is blocked, how can it be released, then execute VA14L

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi,

Could you please give some examples of where PGI is blocked, not related to Credit management?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

G Lakshmipathi, Venu,

some examples of where PGI is blocked, not related to Credit management:

http://www.allinterview.com/showanswers/119645.html

Please feel free to give your inputs too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T.W

above given thread is cleared my doubt but if suppose some document are blocked in the above cases like route is not confirmed, schedule lines not confirmed ,and only complete delivery

in the cases if documents are blocked shall we release in VA14L OR other else

pl let me know little bit confusing here

any way thank you for your inputs   

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If anything is incomplete, then you have to go to the delivery document in VL02N and maintain the entry then you can do the goods issue.

Regards,

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. If there is insufficient stock in the plant, storage location combination; then a delivery can NOT be PGI.

With or without Incompletion procedure.

e.g.

Delivery created for 20EA

Plant has 10EA

PGI can NOT be done.

2. In incompletion log, there is "Status group"

I donot see "PGI", I see General, Delivery, Billing document, Price, Goods Movement, Picking, Packing.

So for the above which are there in status group, the incompletion can block these activities or document creation e.g. Delivery: incomplete information shall block the creation of delivery.

But there is no "block PGI"

3. Without Route in delivery:

Delivery can be created and delivery can be done PGI.

Dependent upon the Incompletion procedure assigned to the Delivery header.

Side comment: This could be a good opportunity for you to learn and consolidate your knowledge on Incompletion logs.

Please go through the theory of Incompletion logs and do some tests

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu ,

yesterday we face big problem in this in the delivery in the partner function we forgotten to maintain the carrier and we are searching all possibility shipping ,packing , and so on we dint find

System giving the error that we need to maintain the carrier in order its not mandatory ,how ever after 4 hour  we find out its a urgent ticket 

In Partner function we maintain finally and solve the problem

There are various issue like that u need put the  value accordingly in the delivery

Then go for the delivery

Regards

Ramesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Identification of  "carrier" as incomplete and where to fill this in the document should be "easy and clear" because of the functionalities given in Incompletion log (e.g. field "Scr.").

Where exactly time was taken with regards to this issue?

Thank you for sharing!

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tw ,

In the partner function client have partner function as carrier its in delivery level , in order  we can save the sales order how ever in delivery its mandatory so  without  that system wont be allow to delivery the goods

MSG pop up that carrier need to filled

Regards

Ramesh

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for your post!

Would it be an idea to configure partner procedure so that without giving value for partner function "carrier" sales order can not be saved?

We have implemented this solution for one of our clients.

In essence, in your case, user has to come back to the sales order and give the carrier. Is that the way?

former_member211616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes TW

Exactly same thing is implemented , as I am working  in 5 to 6 client , i don't know all the client standard process and dont have KT docs also

so its difficult to all fuction

Regards

Ramesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Please try VKM3

2. VA02, Top left button 'Sales document', in dropdown 'Delete'

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) I am not sure, but think that you can release the PGI blocked documents also through VKM5.

2) We can get the details of deletes sales orders from CDHDR and CDPOS tables.

check this thread

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1238234

Regards
Harish

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harish,

Thank you for sharing this link!

Harish, Venu,

In what business scenarios does user delete sales orders?

In business does user have access to SE16N and tables CDHDR, CDPOS?

(I know that different companies might have different policies but please convey how it is set up in your companies)

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear TW

I am completely against deleting sales order and has not recommended this to any of my customers till now. I believe it is not a right thing to delete a sales order and if needed, just maintain 'reason for rejection'. Since SAP has given an option for deletion, it will have some reasons.

As you said, i don't think most companies will give access to SE16N for users. But these tables can be used by consultants to generate reports.

Regards

Harish

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello T W,

As suggested by harish above, Sales Document should never be deleted from system. You can block & close them so that they are not used in future.

Just to give your example, at my client site, when Users used to create Sales Order with some mistakes, then they used to Delete the same. In some cases, they used to reverse the Deliveries & then delete the Sales Orders. Now what happends that in future when you check a delivery, you cannot see preceeding document for the same. This is because Sales Order was deleted. This leads to a lot of confusions & blame game.

That is why it is never suggested to delete any Documents from system.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now what happends that in future when you check a delivery, you cannot see preceeding document for the same. This is because Sales Order was deleted.

Hi Jignesh,

Bit confused here. Do you mean to say that deliveries exist for a sales order which has been deleted (after creation of the delivery) and doesn't exist in the system ?

Regards,

Ravi Sankar

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

deliveries exist for a sales order which has been deleted

Ravi,

Well read!

Deleting a sales order, after delivery is created seem NOT POSSIBLE.

I have tested this (not in IDES). I get the below error message:

This document cannot be deleted

Message no. V1006

Diagnosis

The document cannot be completely deleted because further processing has already taken place or the document item does not permit deletion of the document.

Procedure

Display the document flow to see which subsequent documents have already been created.

• You can attempt first of all to delete all the subsequent documents and then delete the current document.
  • If it is not possible to delete all subsequent documents, you can still enter a reason for rejection for all items to prevent any further references or deliveries being made.

Thank you for your post!

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

There is some good information about "Can a document (sales order) be deleted?" in the above posts.

Please read them and do the relevant tests in IDES, it might be good learning.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

As you are aware, there are three types of blocks due to credit management...

1. Blocking the creation of order.

2. Blocking the order for delivery creation (Order will be created but will be blocked for delivery creation).

3. Blocking the delivery for PGI (Order and Delivery creation will happen but PGI will be blocked).

So, due to above scenarios, you have the need of releasing documents for scenarios 2 and 3 only.

As you said, releasing order (blocked for delivery creation) can be done through VKM3 and Releasing the delivery (blocked for PGI activity) can be done through VKM5.

Thanks,

Ravi Sankar