cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Java Stack to already installed SAP PI with ABAP stack only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way or is it possible to Add Java Stack to already installed SAP PI NW 7.1 (installed previously with ABAP stack only).

The configuration of the system used is Windows 2003 Server OS and MSSQL Server 2005.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Shravan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sharavan,

PI Sap product based on business suite requires abap+java in order to works with all the funcionalities and technologies available for the business.

At master guide is related all the software units that are involved on that product installation: https://websmp204.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001184182007E

As far as I know PI normally is installed with dual stack.

I think that you can install a Sap NW ( java stack ) for PI technicall use, withou problem but be aware that you cannot merge two standalone systems ( abap ) and ( java ) to build a ( dual stack ) PI system.

Hope it helps you.

Cheers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

PI system cannot be used in that way - like installing the java stack for the PI technical use. As he said it has to be a fresh system when installing - PI has to be selected as Usage.

Note : For example, if we are using portal and if we would like to go for  NWDI in to that system (dut to hardware constraints), we can deploy the components of CBS, DTR and CMS. But that cannot be the case for PI system.

Regards

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I guess you all are right.. SAP PI has ABAP+JAVA stack together.. Since during installation it did not ask for dual stack option, unlike other installations we thought it was ABAP stack installation only.

Now so i have few questions

1) How to find whether JAVA stack is present in the SAP PI system.

2) If the PI system installed is a dual stack.. how to open the JAVA stack as it is unable to read the configuration data from exchange profile.

3) After the installation of SAP PI dual stack, am i missing any post installation steps?

4) Is Adapter Engine (JAVA SE) required.

Kindly help me out.

Regards,

Shravan

former_member215961
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

If you installed a Java Stack you would have to see that jlaunch OS proceses are running...

2) If the PI system installed is a dual stack.. how to open the JAVA stack as it is unable to read the configuration data from exchange profile.

I don't get you. Did you mean profile instance file ?

3) After the installation of SAP PI dual stack, am i missing any post installation steps?

Please refer to installation guide: http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000702775&_OBJECT=011000358700001575422008E

See your business requirements and check at master guide what software unit must be installed.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If its a windows system, Please check the same in MMC with Java process table and also in task manager whether jlaunch process are running, In addition services.msc as well.  (ALso telnet localhost 5<IN>00) will also do.

If I am correct, You are looking for the exchange profile parameter has to read the parameters (http://hostname:5<>00/exchangeProfile). Before coming to this, ensure that client copy is done and also ensure all the service users existing with roles generated and post activities from NWA - configuration wizard for PI is done, SLDCHECK is working fine and Configurations specific for Adapter engine, Clearing teh complete cache refresh - SXI_CACHE - ensuring that its upto date.

Indeed, the above mentioned points are post installation In short (Run the template or configuration wizard) and ensure SLDCHECK is working fine, exchangeProfile parameters are pointing correctly.

Yes, but this always comes with the post installation steps ( you can check the same in SXI_CACHE --> go to adapter engine cache )

In short : You have to do the post installation and need to ensure all the components are workign fine (Integration builders / SLD and Runtime work bench)

Note : You can rung the PI installation wizard in the nwa

Regards

Vijay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

Wondering -- Are you sure that its a PI system. Because if its a PI (Its not at all possible without a Java stack ) - To my knowledge.

Indeed, the below screen shot states the PI NW 71 installation which i have done earlier to one of our customer ( Here as like the earlier installation for XI3.0 or PI7.0 we cannot install java Add on installation separately) in PI NW 71. Its comes as Standard system ( ABAP and Java together)

So it must be some other system to my knowledge

Regards

Vijay