cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Java Stack to already installed SAP PI with ABAP stack only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a way or is it possible to Add Java Stack to already installed SAP PI NW 7.1 (installed previously with ABAP stack only).

The configuration of the system used is Windows 2003 Server OS and MSSQL Server 2005.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Shravan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Is there a way or is it possible to Add Java Stack to already installed SAP PI NW 7.1 (installed previously with ABAP stack only).

as PI nw 7.1 abap stack only does not exist - so I'd say it's not possible

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I guess you all are right.. SAP PI has ABAP+JAVA stack together.. Since during installation it did not ask for dual stack option, unlike other installations we thought it was ABAP stack installation only.

Now so i have few questions

1) How to find whether JAVA stack is present in the SAP PI system.

2) If the PI system installed is a dual stack.. how to open the JAVA stack as it is unable to read the configuration data from exchange profile.

3) After the installation of SAP PI dual stack, am i missing any post installation steps?

4) Is Adapter Engine (JAVA SE) required.

Kindly help me out.

Regards,

Shravan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you referring 7.3 version? 7.3 version you have option to have both stacks or just java stack. PI 7.1 must have two stacks (java and abap ) to complete the installation. You cannot run 7.1 with abap stack only.