cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a condition Type for Import Duty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All SAP Experts,

I have created a condition type for capturing a import duty via M/06 and M/08. I am not able to see that in PO while creation.

I have copied a condition type FRB1 as refernece and renamed.

Please guide how to solve this issue.

Regards,               

Sharvari Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check did new condition type (which created from condition type FRB1 as refernece and renamed) is available in your Import Pricing procedure(M/08)?

If the new condition type is avaialable Import Pricing procedure,then you will surely get new condition type in your Import  purchase Order!

NOTE: Check your vendor master (XK02) and see which schema group of vendor assigned to it to picks

Import Pricing procedure.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

Ton of thanks to you for this help.

Let me understand scenario / requirement :

We are implementing for Dubai / UAE countries. Local purchases are Tax Exempted. But I guess client has to pay import duties. So I am about to configure Import Condition type for the same.

I have one doubt regarding this if you can please clarify :

As per my assumption Taxes are captured through Tax Code ONLY, but Duties are captured through Condition Types ONLY. Is it true else please rectify if I am wrong.

Current System Status :

In Vendor Master : Schema is BLANK.

New Condition type is Renamed correctly as a : ZTES.

Please provide your valuable inputs where I have gone wrong.

Once again thanks for help.

Regards,

Sharvari Joshi.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to come out with your real business needs!

Tax code contaions taxes with tax components such as Basic Excise Duty,Secondary Education Cess ,Higher Secondary Education cess,Sales Tax and Service tax.

For Import Proces,yes, you can capture Basic Custom Duty by condition type which will be in Import Pricing Procedure.

New condition type ZTES, Use M/06 t.code, keep Cond.category must be B(Delivery Cost) & select accrual flag in control data 2 TAB) and add condition type ZTES in the Import Pricing Procedure(M/08) and assign to accounting key with accrual key FR3 combination. Also assign in t.code:OBYC, the  G/L account with account key FR3 which is in accrual column.

NOTE:

Basic Excise Duty

A form of duty imposed on goods when moved from factory premises by the country based on Material and it is Cenvatable.It is calculated as 10% or 12% or 16% as per business by material behaviour.

Secondary Education Cess  

It is calculated as 2% on Basic Excise duty

Higher Secondary Education cess

It is calculated as 1% on Basic duty

Sales Tax

VAT and CST.It is calculated as 2% ,4%,5%,10% and 12%

Basic Custom Duty

A form of duty imposed on imports by the country based on Material and is not Cenvatable

Countervailing duty

A form of excise duty imposed on imports that are subsidized by the country in which they were manufactured

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bijay,

Thousands time thanks to you for detailed reply !

My Configuration :

Cond Class : A Discount or surcharge

Calculation type : B Fixed Amount

Cond category : B Delivery Cost

Plus / Minus : A Positive.

Changes which can be made :

Item Condition : TICKED.

Delete : TICKED.

Amount / Percent : TICKED.

Control Data :

Only Accruals : TICKED.

In OBYC I have given GL account also. ( That was missed out, infact I was unaware about this step... ) 

Now When I am creating PO system is not issuing error and When I am enetring 100 in ZTES column system is accepting and able to save successfully.

Now while going to MIRO - MIRO is showing amount only 30,000/-. Ideally it should show 30,100 Right ?

Please correct if I am wrong.

I am sincerely thankful to you for your feedbacks.

Regards,

Sharvari Joshi.