Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in message mapping for RFQ

Karsten_Haubold
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

in my project we integrate SAP ERP 6.0 with SAP Sourcing (on demand wave) 7. I try to send a RFQ from ERP to Sourcing, but I get an error in the message mapping for the REQOTE-IDoc to the RFP-XML file, MM_ORDERS05_To_RFx:

Runtime exception during processing target field mapping:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:

String index out of range: 3

We use the SAP standard mapping, and also the SAP standard IDoc type. It seems that either there is an error in the mapping, or my test IDoc is missing some required segments. I attached the PI trace (Message_Mapping.xml) and the IDoc (Test_RFX.xml) for you to check if necessary. In OSS I found no note for this mapping, and I have no idea what is missing.

Has anybody seen this error, too, or knows a solution?

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,

Karsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Karsten,

there seems to be an issue with the item text, but I did not find the time to check it in detail. Could you do a quick test if it works if the RFQ has no header or item (long) text, only either master data items and/or free text items with a description?

thank you

Markus

Karsten_Haubold
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

thanks for the hint - it is indeed a problem with the header texts. When I delete the whole segment E1EDKT1, it works fine (no problems with the item texts!).

I'm now checking with our MM consultants when this segment is added, because in BD87 in MM system I cannot see E1EDKT1, but in IDX5 in PI.

I will post the answer to this as soon as I have new results.

Best regards,

Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karsten,

I am guessing but I always use numbers like 01, 02 etc. for item text or header texts. The inbound XML file in my system has the header text segment like this:

<E1EDKT1 SEGMENT="1"> 

<TDID>A01</TDID>
while in your XML file it is  <TDID>ST</TDID>. The related field in ERP is of type char 2 which should allow as well an ID like ST, but when I try to enter it our my system I am getting this error message:

Consecutive number of a text type within the header or item texts of a purchasing document.

and Enter a numberic number.

r

I am not sure if it must be number, but maybe worth a try?

best regards

Markus

Karsten_Haubold
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

I also tried to change the text type in test XMLs to "1" or "01", but without positive result.

But I found out that this special text is added to the ORDERS05 Idoc only for special document types I do not need.

I'm now testing with my document types, but there I have the problem that no texts are transferred from the document to the Idoc 😞    I'm now checking with my basis guys the reason for this.

Hopefully the standard RFQ text types cause no error!

Best regards

Karsten

Karsten_Haubold
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

now I tested with standard texts in RFQs and got no error.

It seems that the non-standard text type "ST" caused this error. As I do not have this text type in my RFQs I will not check for the root cause and close this question.

Best regards and thanks to all,

Karsten

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karsten,

I am from PI area, i just wanted to know

1.How the mapping takes place in PI? Do we get any mapping rules from Sourcing structure to ERP IDoc/RFC?

2.what are the possible formats that sourcing system can send data to PI.

Thanks

Sekhar

Karsten_Haubold
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sekhar,

1. I attached the SAP standard PI mapping to the original message. Do you have any specific questions on this?

2. SAP ERP sends REQOTE IDocs to PI, and these are mapped into XML documents sent to SAP Sourcing.

Generally the integration between SAP Sourcing and SAP ERP is via IDocs and web services, depending on the interface.

Best regards

Karsten