cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to point to the newly restored database in SAP ECC6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I just restored a database from a ECC6 production server into our ECC6 test server's (into new database, not overwriting the existing one).

I tried to change the pointer in Default instance profile as follows but failed.

dbs/mss/dbname = EC6      (originally was EMA)

dbs/mss/schema = ec6     (originally was EMA)

Where else should I change in order for the SAP ECC6 system to point to the newly restored EC6 database?

regards,

Abraham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abraham,

Check note 151603 for further information.

If you change the <SID> you need to use the STM or schema change (note 1294762).

Regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I've executed the SQL script to repair the schema as per sap note 1294762 but still failed to connect to Database with return code 256 (as shown in SAP MMC).

I even tried to changed the registry and default.pfl to point to the new database and schema's name but still failed.

Do you think you could you write down the steps for re-pointing SAP system to the newly restored database?

regards,

Abraham

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abraham,

Some SAP services uses environment instead of profile. Check if user <sid>adm has the following variables set as per note 28667:

• dbms_type
  • MSSQL_DBNAME
  • MSSQL_SCHEMA
  • MSSQL_SERVER

Which information do you get in the trans.log after executing a "R3trans -d" logged as <sid>adm?

1. Log on as <sid>adm
  2. Open a command window (cmd) and type "R3trans -d" (without the questation marks)
  3. Still in the command windows type "notepad trans.log" (without the questation marks)

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

I've reinstalled the SAP ECC6 with the same SID with the production server's.

I managed to restore the SQL backup, and done the SQL-schema repair script and I can connect now, but I can't login with any users except for SAP* user.  It prompted "logon not possible (error in license check).

I've checked with SLicense, it shows green colour.

I guess it's due to different hardware key as it's in different server, am I right? 

If so, can I request for 2nd license key from service.sap.com for same SID on different server?

regards,

Abraham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

login with user sap* and install a new license using transaction SLICENSE.

Regards,

Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

the issue resolved now.

I've installed new license via SAP* user.

regards,

Abraham

Answers (0)