cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AckRequestNotSupported for ORDERS > ALEAUD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to follow the SAP Tutor session on IDOC communcations with Acknowledgements. Wondering if anybody has done this OR have come across this problem.

I have set up the example as per this Tutorial and I can send a R/3-45B IDOC to our XI system.

The corresponding acknowledgement IDOC ALEAUD is built OK but cannot be sent back to my R/3-45B system

The XI's SXMB_MONI shows the inbound IDOC and has an error against the acknowledgement "Acknowledgement not possible".

Drilling into the XML message and Acknowledgement show the ack with AckRequestNotSupported.

I have been reviewing previous forum posts on that error but I still cannot determine the cause.

I have set via XI's SXMB_ADM the RUNTIME ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE = 1

and can see an entry in IDXNOALE. In fact I discovered this is built intially when my first IDOC was posted from R/3-45B into XI.

I have also used report IDX_NOALE to adjust this table using numerous permutations and testing but still I cannot get past the

<b>AckRequestNotSupported</b> error. The entry in this table is currently for ORDERS Neg=X and Type = " XXX".

Here is the scenario.

R/3-45B -

ORDERS02------> XI This works

R/3-45B <-ALEAUD--

XI This does not work...why ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to add an entry in the table IDXNOALE only to turn of Idoc Acknowledgements.

In your case, I guess by adding an entry in the table, you are turning of Idoc Acknowledgements for your Sending SAP system and so not able to send back the Ack to the SAP system. Please remove the entries in IDXNOALE and check the same.

Also check against this how to guide,

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f6d2d790-0201-0010-9382-b50...

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

yes I had read that document previously (thanks anyway). I'd noticed that the document does say that setting SXMD_ADM RUNTIME ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE is optional - but this is incorrect. If not set to 1 then no Ack is produced at all !.

So you are saying that no entry in IDXNOALE is needed for the Ack to be sent ?

You may be surprised to know that the entry in IDXNOALE is built intially when my first IDOC was posted from R/3-45B into XI.

<u>Even if I delete that entry</u> and submit another IDOC the IDXNOALE record <u>will reappear</u> with same settings i.e . ORDERS Neg=X and Type = " XXX". So I need to find out why that entry is created automatically when clearly I do not want this to happen.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

In your scenario what's after XI? I mean your scenario is R/3-45B -

ORDERS02------> XI -->???

If the target is a file then the ack is not supported, that's why you are getting that message in XI (AckRequestNotSupported).

The ACK_SYSTEM_FAILURE parameter in XI is optional because it just enable to send back to the sender system any error that might happen inside XI (e.g. mapping error), it has nothing to do with the receiver application acknowledgment and it is not necessary to forward back acknowledgments.

Try to route the idoc back to your R3 and check if the aleaud is generated in that case.

About IDXNOALE, yes, an entry is automatically created the first time you send an Idoc but the default setting is to wait for the acknowledgment, and you can change it using the report.

Kind Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio

scenario from the SAP tutorial (part of TBIT42 online course) is to send from R/3 an IDOC and for XI to convert into XML and post this via a File transfer. And then the SAP tutorial instructs to set up the Acknowlegement back to R/3. So is the SAP tutorial wrong ? (there are screen captures that indicates it all works fine).

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi peter

didnt the pdf help you in resolving the issue? keep us posted on the updates.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have since discovered that the R/3-45B system has a failure and the

ALEAUD IDOC has attempted to post but it receives this error. This is probably the cause.

In R/3-45B the error is;

<b>E0, 064, EDI: Data records are not numbered sequentially.</b>

<i>&CAUSE&

When an <DS:GlOS.IDoc>IDoc was created, an error was identified in

the data records. The numbering of the data records is not absolutely

sequential.

&WHAT_TO_DO&

Please check the numbering of the data records of the IDoc in the field

'SEGNUM'.</i>

I found this one OSS note(173988) but is irrelevant for my version of R/3.

<b>So has anybody an idea on that error ?</b>

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

okie can u check the sequence between the idocs framed(source we02) and idoc type is sync?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

As you can imagine, I did not remember the scenario described in TBIT42 online course and I thought you were talking about <b>Application Acknowledgment</b> and not <b>Transport Acknowledgment</b>.

For file adapter you only have the opportunity to create transport acknowledgment, application acknowledgment are not supported.

Kind Regards,

Sergio

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

peter

chec this guide on <a href="https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700003477212005E/HowTo_IDOC_Ack_20040817RR.pdf">Acknowledgments for IDoc</a>