cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

travel request - system asks to request travel item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not at all familiar with the customizing on travel, forgive me if it is a stupid question.

Like all good newbies I tried looking on the forum and google, but didn't find something useful for me..

this is the case :

a user creates a travel request (using transaction trip). He gives in all data and enters the details for his flight. The system asks  in a popup) if he wants to request the travel item.

What exactly does this ? Is it possible to deactivate the popup ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Bjorn

Are you using Travel Planning with integration with a GDS ? Or that it prompts for 3rd party or offline travel service?

Cheers

Sally

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

we're using best practices settings, so maybe they are defined inthere.

I checked the custo under Travel planning - master data - Technical control parameters and there's no system defined under Synchronization of Travel Preferences with External Reservation.

Think I'm overlooking something...

thanks !

0 Kudos

You see, it is not possible to create a Travel Plan without any GDS system.

You can use the "Other services" as alternative but with any integrated GDS system its not possible to save any travel plan even if the BADI is also deactivated, so I think this is why it is prompting you to try and book a service!

If I'm right, then you have integrated travel planning with travel expenses but as such wanted to save "traveler preferences, rather than actually book a flight?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

thanks for the reply !

I think what you're saying is right. They don 't make any request to an external office, they just want to define their travel preferences. I'll get back to the FI guy.

Thanks again for the help, hope I can return the favor some day !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also travel preferences are uselees until you will interface this data to an external booking system.