cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM outbound with .tmp files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM outboud ready folder is suddenly accumulated with loads of .tmp files. many files were empty except 1 which had 2.5MB data in it. 'm using SAPMDM7.1 and the file format for processing i use is xml. Can some one please let me know why and how these tmp files are created? can this be prevented?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vinothkumar,

.tmp files are generally created during auto import process when file is very large and is being transferred to Inbound folder directly until file is completely transferred. There is one SAP Note related to this issue as well. Note - 1243903. It is recommended to transfer file to some other folder temporarily and then transfer to Inbound folder. You can check if there is some note related to outbound folders as well. To prevent this you can try reducing the number of records in single outbound file(thereby reducing the size) and see if it prevents such temp files from getting created. Kindly let me know.

Thank you.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankush i was able to get a clear idea in it..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinothkumar,

.tmp  as the name suggest is a temporary file or an intermediate file format before the actual .txt or .xml file is processed either during import/syndication. In your case the syndication might have aborted causing the intermediate file to sit in the folder. You can check the syndication server log for the timestamp the file was generated and see if you can find any similar log entry.

Thanks,

Shambhu.