cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while starting SUM

0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to apply SP's using SUM in our Solution manager system (7.1). When starting SUM using the ./STARTUP, we are getting the following error.

Jul 18, 2012 10:13:01 AM [Error]: com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.WrongKeyException  The encryption key (usually in the key file) is not the key that is required to decrypt the data in the secure store file or the system name (SID)  is wrong.

Jul 18, 2012 10:13:01 AM [Error]: Class com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs. SecStoreFS method openExistingStore has thrown the exception com.sap.security.core.server.secstorefs.WrongKeyException

Jul 18, 2012 10:13:01 AM [Error]: Could not perform operation on secure store. See previous messages.
Jul 18, 2012 10:13:01 AM [Error]: Could not perform operation on secure store. S ee previous messages.
Jul 18, 2012 10:13:01 AM [Error]: Error while initializing service context.
Jul 18, 2012 10:13:01 AM [Error]: Can't initilize sdt service provider
Jul 18, 2012 10:13:01 AM [Error]: Creation of use case executor failed.
Jul 18, 2012 10:13:01 AM [Fatal]: Error during controller startup.
Jul 18, 2012 10:13:01 AM [Fatal]: SL Controller exiting.

Did anyone come across similar error. Please provide your help in resolving the issue.

Thanks & Regards

Balaji.P

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member210781
Participant

Hello balaji,

Which version of java you are using as SUM requires JAVA 6. If you are using older version then please repleace it with java6(JRE1.6) and set you enviroument variable for the same..

There is two step procedure to start SUM

Step 1- Login as <sid>adm

go to directory where you have extracted SUM and run /.STARTUP script

check the output of this script..when it says SL controller started then follow Step2 to start SU GUI

Step2 - open duplicate session with >sid>adm user

go to dicrectoy SUM/sdt/exe  and run script ./DSGUi

This will open a  popupp window accept certificate! You are now in SUM GUi

Regards,

J Rasesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This also work for me and I have WIN 2008R2

THX

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hp Basis ,

pls check this links may get more information ,

http://scn.sap.com/community/it-management/alm/software-logistics/blog/2012/11/07/software-update-ma...

Regards

Nayeem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have started TM 9.1 Upgrade .

It was in extraction phase, I have restrted SUM Tool.

It is not connecting sincle then, Please guide me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to fix the "The encryption key (usually in the key file) is not the key that is required to decrypt the data in the secure store file or the system name (SID) is wrong." error with instructions contained in SAP Note 1592575 - "Error while accessing secure store - Invalid encryption key"

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems that SecStore.key for some reason is not correct, it does not match the SecStore.properties.

Please, check the SecStore.properties and be sure the file is correct.
Normally the solution for this is to re-encrypt the data in order to generate the new SecStore Key:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/cd/14c93ec2f7df6ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

guru_sap
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello;

I had the same error in windows enviroment, the solution was delete files  JU* in directory  \usr\sap\...\global\security\data\

It worked for me.

Dogarganes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Also worked for me.

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you open the configtool , open the secure store , generate the key phrase and save it.

Then execute ./STARTUP logging in as user <sid>adm.

Also check if the following file exist and have the correct ownership and permission

/sapmnt/<SID>/global/security/data/SecStore.key

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

any luck with this one:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1401566

Did you start SUM before?

Regards,

Thomas.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just wonder are you called SUM with SIDadm?

Cheers